remulo homemade chatter tool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remulo

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 'doing a lot of spinning tops as party favors for Communions and waiting for Sunday lunch I was reminded of a friend of mine chatter tool.
five minutes and .... In fact, jigsaw blade in aluminum tube, minimum cost maximum performance, today I make the handle and by
here is the result on a piece of scrap.

P3240224.JPG

P3240225.JPG

Attachments

• P3240225.JPG
    P3240225.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 1,163
  • P3240224.JPG
    P3240224.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 1,163
hi hutzhul, in fact it is not worth spending money, I also have a model with a gear stolen from my son's Meccano :D

Neat mine came with my sorby Kit shame very Inexpensive to make fine idea well done
Regards
Bill

I like it, a lo!. as a matter of fact, I've been having a little go at spinning tops this weekend, I shall endeavour to give this a go!.

Hi,
Just a suggestion but if you use a hacksaw blade from a jigsaw they're made of HSS rather than high carbon steel so they'll be more durable.

The teeth are also smaller and easier to grind off which makes for an all round better chatter-tool blade. I'd also suspect that the bayonet fitting end will be less hard than the business end like on drill-bits and so I think it may be better to make the bayonet end the held-end rather than cutting-end.

HTH
Jon

I do a little 'hard to understand with google translate :oops: , but of course you can' improve the jig, as I said I did it in five minutes :)

Latest posts

Back