Removing Saw Blade on EB PK200?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Ern

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the correct way to remove blade on the above table saw please?

I've removed the cover plate and can just get a 13mm spanner on the clamping nut. There is a cover plate over the side which carries electrics but I don't think it's necessary to remove this? The nut just has 2 rather shallow slots and is dead tight. Am I right in thinking that it's a LH thread?

Any tips/help appreciated.

i used to have the saw you are using and if memory serves it uses an allen key to unscrew the blade.
i don't think i had to remove the side plate to get the blade off.
it is a reverse thread on the blade (as with all table saws)
hope this helps
grant

The nut is held steady by the dedicated spanner shaped to fit the rectangular head and an allen key is used to relaese the arbor bolt.
Its easier to do this with the blade guard assembly removed, at least I find it so.
beejay

Thanks for the replies.
I'll go and have another look.
I can't see any place for an allen key. There is a plain cylindrical portion on the end of the arbor (8mm dia?). Could this be a cap? There isn't much room between the black coloured metal plate and the end of the arbor so I guess that's what you are referring to beejay?

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again.

All sorted!
Once I took the blade guard off it was obvious. You were both right about the allen key it's just that I couldn't see it properly with the guard on.
I bought the saw second hand and don't have a user's manual for it.

Thanks again gsaps and beejay.

Yes, take the blade guard off completely as it gives you more room to work in. There is no cap on the nut so possibly your model doesnt have an allen bolt in the center, only the nut, which needs to be unscrewed. If so, raise the blade to maximum height, hold the blade(wearing protective gloves)and unscrew the nut using the spanner.
Dont forget to unplug the machine.

OK thanks beejay.
Got the blade off no probs once I found the allen bolt.

Just looking round for a decent ripping / crosscut blade now.
210x30x3 not sure how many teeth though?

Back