Refund of Bank Charges

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
suprasport":3nhdhvgn said:
since when did we have free banking, it is subsidised by bank charges that are unlawful. the only people that benefit from free banking are those that dont need it and are living off people that are struggling. I know soe people ask for it and i know there are people that are broke but very very careful, but not everyone can handle things the same as others.
And it illegal to purposely bounce a cheque here aswell

So what you're saying is that anyone who doesn't become overdrawn is a bloodsucker because they've been able to stay in the black.

Yes it's illegal to bounce a cheque in the UK but you don't get taken to court unless it's a huge fraud.

DomValente":26qzzapg said:
So what you're saying is that anyone who doesn't become overdrawn is a bloodsucker because they've been able to stay in the black.

Yes it's illegal to bounce a cheque in the UK but you don't get taken to court unless it's a huge fraud.

If you want to put it like that then YES well at least those that think that ending free banking that is supported by unlawful activities is a bad thing.
Then again what rightful minded person would want to benefit from unlawfulness ?
Funny how law abiding citizens suddenly become willing to accept unlawful behaviour when it comes down to money.
The banks could quite easily rectify this by dropping their charges to their actual costs. and make the rest up off the rich for a change, but then they would be charging themselves wouldnt they. or better still not make the EXTRA £30 billion they do from unlawful activitites :evil:

Slimjim =D> allthough i have heard far worse stories than that :cry:

I don't believe that supporting free banking with an unlawful process is fair, what I am trying to say in simple terms is, if they lower or remove their fines they will replace them with a charge for banking which will be equal to their charges, that being the case many people will perforce be taken out of the banking system.
When that happens, what will happen to pensioners or people who need to cash their Giro and the like. Please don't say the Post Office because there just ain't enough of them and they're closing by the day.

DomValente":18fj87ju said:
When that happens, what will happen to pensioners or people who need to cash their Giro and the like. Please don't say the Post Office because there just ain't enough of them and they're closing by the day.

I think you will find that it is people on the lowest incomes such as pensioners who are the hardest hit by illegal charges. (please refer to the example in my previous post)

There are plenty of countries where there is no such thing as free banking, people seem to get on fine there.

DomValente":k2g1eknq said:
I don't believe that supporting free banking with an unlawful process is fair, what I am trying to say in simple terms is, if they lower or remove their fines they will replace them with a charge for banking which will be equal to their charges, that being the case many people will perforce be taken out of the banking system.

I wasn't aiming at you directly :? and i do agree that they will get their money back somehow, but only if we let them. they cannot refuse accounts to pensioners or people on benefits, the government has already stated that they must allow a basic account to everyone. I honestly don't know the answer but they can only do what we let them do. some banks have already tried to charge and they are losing customers, the banks will never get together to do this widespread without the FSA FOS and monopolies commission getting involved. One more thing on the subject of charging is that the government wants all giro's cashed at banks (to get rid of post offices) but if you are then charged to have an account by law the benefits will have to go up because the cost of living has just gone up.
It is a very deep and complex subject but as yet the banks have tried numerous dirty tricks and tactics and as yet we have come out on top.

this sounds corny but people power is as it says POWERFUL

Slimjim81":1xwnccj0 said:
There are plenty of countries where there is no such thing as free banking, people seem to get on fine there.

Exactly my point, there is no such thing as free banking.

In this country we are of a different mind set, being overdrawn is a way of life, me included, but in most European countries this would be an embarrassment and few do it.

Another point you can take from that is the fact that we (UK) are amonst the highest debtors, yet due to thousands and thousands of people getting these charges back i know of hundreds that have turned their lives around and are back on their feet, and instead of paying money to the big companies to borrow money to survive they are self sufficient again, so in some very small way we are helping close the debt bubble. This country is so much in debt taht over the last couple of years lenders from all over the world are attempting to muscle in on our mis-management/needs/greed call it what you want. But we are making foreigners rich as well now. Yet so many people have paid off their debts now that they have their money back that was unlawfully taken from them, its a small step to getting people back on their feet.
And yes there is and always will be as i have said before those that just dont care and bounce Direct debits on purpose or because they cant be bothered. Which leads me on to another way that the banks can put this right, which is by actually paying the direct debit or cheque when their are insufficient funds and then charging for that service as opposed to charging for not providing a service.

Go and watch Whistleblower on BBC1 now, Its about banks ripping offf Joe Public.

Hey. i might stand upto the banks and their solicitors but there is no way im asking the missus to swap channels :lol: :lol:

Did anyone watch Whistleblower last night. I was asstounded by what I saw. I knew banks were immoral but I never knew it was to that extent.

If anyone is interested, rather than me try to write down what I can remeber of the program, here is the link to the BBC article. You can even watch the program from this link.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6476155.stm

I would like to say that if anyone banks with Barclays, then get out now. However I am not convinced that any of ther other banks would be any different.

i would imagine that all of the banks are very much the same, it is totally disgusting but the wrry thing is that they get away with it and probably very little will be done about it

Latest posts

Back