Recycled French Oak

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Nibbo

Established Member
Reaction score
One old French oak cupboard that I couldn't bring myself to chop it up for fire wood.

414720410_386621d4ce.jpg

so I thought I would use it to make a wall cabinet for my LN chisels.

Sorry I didn't take any work in progress pics, but here is the finished wall cabinet.

414627489_55354aa156_o.jpg

The Cabinet is made from recycled french oak, the chisel holder is teak. Shellac was used as a finish and the back has burgandy felt glued to it.

414627492_5fb490e11c_o.jpg

Ooh, there's posh! But I suppose LN's merit the 5-star treatment.

Looks like you need to buy a couple more :wink:

Very nice your Lordship. =D> =D> "Don't you just hate these flash gits" oops who said that? :whistle: :whistle: :-# :-#

Seriously very, very nice, you could not have put it to better use. I love the chisels.

They wouldn't be 1000mm Besseys on the back wall would they? :wink:

Cheers

Mike

Mike.C":q960e5re said:
Very nice your Lordship. =D> =D> "Don't you just hate these flash gits" oops who said that? :whistle: :whistle: :-# :-#

Seriously very, very nice, you could not have put it to better use. I love the chisels.

They wouldn't be 1000mm Besseys on the back wall would they? :wink:

Cheers

Mike

First let me answer BB, the spaces are accounted for, it's all down to planning :lol: A new recent addition to LN is a 1" bevel edge and it's not included in the set the other two slots are for a left & right 1/2" skew chisels all are bought but I'm awaiting my vat free delivery from San Francisco when my Niece visits in April. :lol:

MikeC

Yes they are the 1/2 price bessey's (nosey git) :wink: :lol:

Here with the aid of Photoshop is my wish list :lol:

415373484_a55a262dcd_o.jpg

Rather like spot the 27 differences to the original pic. :lol:

(Edit) I said half price, I should have said BOGOF :lol:

Nice cabinet and nice gloat your lordship.
I have also just taken delivery of a set of 1/2 price Bessey's...nice!

Back