Recycle - Mesh for Water Feature?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chems

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm helping my sister do a water feature over the weekend. I did one with my dad a few years back and we spent a lot on a metal mesh for the water feature to sit on over its tub like this:

1294956310-22139-0.jpg

This time I'd like to save the money an recycle, it has to be around 550mm diameter circle in the end. Either some steel mesh used in reinforced concrete, perhaps a heavy duty plastic flooring, metal grid flooring. Anyone have any bright ideas where I could pick some up around Nottingham/Derby?

Edit: Or an old plastic bread tray, old trolley, old bed sted?

Edit2: Or an old metal or plastic patio table?

Hi,

Grill of a barbeque, I have an old one I need to get rid off, but it might not last to long!

You need some thing galvanised to last any lenght of time, a matd did one and his grill looken link one of thoes metal doormats.

Pete

An old wheel from a racer style bike, 26" , cover the spoked area over with some weed suppressing cloth and tie it down using the inner tube to stretch the cloth over the rim, then your 'sis' can use the spindle to mount her 'water nymph Barbie' onto ?

I`ve some 2" squared section stainless mesh i`d be happy to cut you a 2` square section from, it`s not that thick, about 1/16 gauge so may need bracing if you`re putting a lot of weight on it.

Cheers.

Thanks to all, good ideas, its not a water barbie, its a heavy stone monolith. DougB I will let you know tomorrow if required, thank you for the offer. Thats a good find Pete, I was looking for something just like that but to no avail!

we used the metal bootscaper / doormat type thing - got it from the local 'countrywide' shop - in their equestrian section i think?

jim

Picked up the "water feature mesh" this afternoon. Will post a picture or two tomorrow so you can see what an excellent (I think) find it was for £15.

I forgot to get pictures of it along the way, muddy hands an all that. But water feature went in yesterday using this table top as the grate. Cut a hole as the access hatch with an angle grinder I think the metal is ally so should last a good while.

$%28KGrHqN,%21h8E2I+s%28NKIBNj31tpOWw%7E%7E_3.JPG

Back