record power rd26 planer thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulymarshall

Reaction score
Hello again,

If there is anyone out there who owns one of the above, could they please let me know if they have been able to set the blades in less than a month, and if so, how??

I bought one from a friend of a friend of a friend without a manual, and have looked on the Record web site, but the explanation on there is not for the rd26. Having looked on the net, it would seem that:

1. these do not exist,

2. if they do exist, only three or for were ever made, (and no Records were kept, oh the irony)

3. im looking in all the wrong places.

Mucho thanks

PM

The blade setting jig for this and the Rd30 was an aluminium block I have one somewhere in the shop I will see if I can find it and the instructions for setting it up. Its a good machine built by Lurem and you shouldn't have too many problems setting it.

Does anyone know if this model is better than the generic metebo 260 models??

Many thanks

James

I'm pretty sure there is only ever been one manual the one I had for my Record RD26 was clearly the multi language version issued by Lurem. Unfortunately my manual was transformed into a mouse nest and unusable, but the Lurem version is available and I downloaded a copy very recently.
The information about the blades is pretty skimpy but as mentioned involves an aluminium block which the manual does copy.

It was difficult to find replacement blades at a sensible price but in the last few weeks they have become availailable form a few places on the bay. I've bought some and they are perfect with all the necessary holes and slots cut. The concern I had was that they weren't shown with a correct image but what i was sent are fine. The companies selling these are all well known and trusted British woodworking companies and delivery was quick.

Jeff

Back