recommended reading list

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woodbloke":msc01r1m said:
One of the essentials IMO but no longer in print, so a rummage round 2nd hand book shops is required, is the Alan Peter's book...'Cabinet Making, the Professional Approach'. A must have read - Rob

It's going to be reprinted in the near future as a soft-cover issue. Incidentally, I have heard that Alan Peters is rather poorly, but I don't know the facts. If he is needing of a prayer or two, I for one wish him all the best in the world and I am sure I won't be alone here..

Benchwayze":2a1d2iiz said:
woodbloke":2a1d2iiz said:
One of the essentials IMO but no longer in print, so a rummage round 2nd hand book shops is required, is the Alan Peter's book...'Cabinet Making, the Professional Approach'. A must have read - Rob

It's going to be reprinted in the near future as a soft-cover issue. Incidentally, I have heard that Alan Peters is rather poorly, but I don't know the facts. If he is needing of a prayer or two, I for one wish him all the best in the world and I am sure I won't be alone here..

John - seconded. I believe, but can't confirm it, that Alan Peters is suffering from a form of nasal cancer caused by years of inhaling nasty dust from exotic timbers. If this is the case, I wish him the very best as to my mind he's one of the foremost British makers - Rob

For US books try alibris.co.uk. I think they're international - anyway post from US with them is very reasonable, and their 2nd hand books are about £2.75 from anywhere

Latest posts

Back