Recieved my Woodworker Of The Year 2005 prizes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luthier49

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I received three of the Ryobi power tools I selected from thier catalogue for my winning entry in the Woodworker mag Woodworker Of The Year 2005 competition. I have a forth tool to follow later which is a workshop vacuum extractor. Here`s a reminder photo of the item that won me the competition.

finished_mando3.jpg

And here are my prizes. A 315mm wide thickness planer and an 8" bench grinder. You even get a star wheel stone dresser with the grinder as well. One of the grinders spark shields has 3x magnification as well as work lights that switch on when the grinder is switched on. I was surprised at how heavy the thicknesser weighs. It must weigh about 60lbs. I thought these machines were light weight. It`s built like a tank. Well pleased with them though, especially as there`re free. :lol: I`m now going to order a stand for the grinder.

thicknesser_grinder.jpg

And here`s my third prize a 1350 watt 1/2" variable speed router. You get three free 1/2" shank straight TCT cutters, 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" diameter, a 3/8" collet and nut and a 1/4" reducing sleeve that fits into the 1/2" collet. Also a 30mm template follower and a plastic dust collecter attachment. And a huge plastic case to put it in. I just don`t have any more workshop space to put this now, so it will have to live indoors until needed.

router_front.jpg

You've got some space indoors!

You lucky thing.

I reckon these competition prizes should include a new or extended workshop fully wired and with all planning permissions obtained. :)

Back