Real or April fools come early? Cordless TS55 :D

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, it is real Carl !!!!!

I saw the only one that Festool has in the country at the moment. It was being demonstrated at the KBB (Kitchen Bedroom Bathroom) Exhibition in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago.

Looks like a nice bit of kit and one of my fellow kitchen fitters has already placed an advance order for one.

He already has a few of Festool's 18v tools and was hoping to buy the TS55C as a "Bare" tool, and just use his existing batteries and charger, but the guy who was demonstrating the saw told me, that it was unlikely that Festool were going to sell the saw on its own without batteries and charger.

The price, I was reliably informed, is going to be "Quite a bit more than the corded version"...........!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Tim.

Distinterior":18fbuh73 said:
The price, I was reliably informed, is going to be "Quite a bit more than the corded version"...........!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Tim.
Really ? That is a surprise :lol:

Distinterior":289k4rzb said:
No, it is real Carl !!!!!

I saw the only one that Festool has in the country at the moment. It was being demonstrated at the KBB (Kitchen Bedroom Bathroom) Exhibition in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago.

Looks like a nice bit of kit and one of my fellow kitchen fitters has already placed an advance order for one.

He already has a few of Festool's 18v tools and was hoping to buy the TS55C as a "Bare" tool, and just use his existing batteries and charger, but the guy who was demonstrating the saw told me, that it was unlikely that Festool were going to sell the saw on its own without batteries and charger.

Tim.
Very interesting :)

Sooooo the big question is, when is the cordless Kapex being released? :mrgreen:

I imagine Festool would only entertain making a cordless Kapex if the demand was high enough.

There has been a lot of talk about a cordless Festool track saw for some time, and as long as they think they can sell them in enough volume, then they would make it.

They are mostly going to be used "On Site" I would imagine. Although I was impressed with the one I saw, I wont be selling my TS55 or TS75 to buy one.

Tim.

Yes, I thought price was reasonable too.

Not sure about the dust collection in the video though .... a lot seemed to not make it to the bag and hooking it up to a mains fed extractor sort of defeats the object of the exercise.

I shall be passing this wonderful offer for this overpriced lump of a tool. Where do they dream up their price structure?

always seem to me to be up themselves charging the earth for powertools.

move along

jonbee56":q96iima2 said:
If ever a saw was sexy, then this is the one

I prefer this....

saw_after_handle.JPG

BugBear

Lee J":1agj3nix said:
I shall be passing this wonderful offer for this overpriced lump of a tool. Where do they dream up their price structure?

If you think the TSC 55 is expensive take a look at the new Conturo edge bander :-o
Personally I think my TS 55 is worth every penny and I would hate to go back to using any other circular saw.

I had a hand in the design of the ts55req in a way :). A designer from festool came out from Germany and visited a few ts55 owners over here and asked for ideas. One thing they did ask was would you want a cordless version ?. I said no as I couldn't see myself using it anywhere I couldn't get power. A lot of people obviously said yes as they've now made one.

I'm more interested in seeing the vecturo.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Lee J":1ensmx5q said:

always seem to me to be up themselves charging the earth for powertools.

move along
Its based on;

Proper decent engineer / staff wages,
Product research,
Germany manufacture,
Superb support structure,
Improved design,

etc.......

Its not for everyone, granted, but I don't see an issue being asked to pay decent money for decent tools.

The people who buy Festool generally get a return on their investment in my opinion.

Disclaimer: The above applies to all Festool tools except their jigsaw - ITS JUST ANOTHER JIGSAW PEOPLE!!!

Back