Re-fillable Caulk/sealant gun

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Shmoe

Established Member
Reaction score
I need a sealant gun that I can dip the end into a large bucket of thin Glue, suck it all up into the gun, and then dispense it out.

Just like they do in this video ...... But the offical one is £100.

https://youtu.be/-f4Y3tVOYKI

https://www.affixit.co.uk/Green-Glue/Gr ... enser.Html

I see loads of similar guns by Sika /silverline/ et Al, and significantly cheaper.

They look identical on the outside, but I'm wondering if they are perhaps missing a suitable seal on the inside to allow the 'sucking up' to occur.

Does anyone have one of these guns or any experience?

I clean out silicone tubes and re-use them for glues etc. Also good if you break a tube of glue or sealant, you can decant into one of the clean tubes. Very handy to keep a few on hand.

Rorschach":2qg3lj1v said:
I clean out silicone tubes and re-use them for glues etc. Also good if you break a tube of glue or sealant, you can decant into one of the clean tubes. Very handy to keep a few on hand.

Great idea. Assume easy enough to push the base out from the top?

Noel":aju0g9wx said:
Rorschach":aju0g9wx said:

Yep. Push it out using a bit of rod, ideally before everything has set in the tube.

Then put the rod, tube, and plunger aside on a piece of greaseproof paper or cling film and leave it for a week or so. Don't attempt to wipe or clean anything.
After a week it will have all cured and will peel away cleanly leaving you with a perfect empty tube and plunger.

I use the same method with nozzles. After I finish with then I leave them out to fully cure. I then put the tip against my compressor blow gun and give it a blast at 100psi. The plug will come flying out and you will have a perfect clean nozzle to add to the spares collection.

Lidl sell a refillable silicon gun for around the £4 mark. Might be worth having a look

I clean out and refill the tubes from solvent free gripfill - they're easy to flush out with water, and the hole is big enough to use a bit of 15mm copper pipe to push back the plunger.

Very handy for getting plasterboard jointing compound into gaps and corners without dropping it everywhere.

Screwfix have just launched a range of sausage products with there own gun. I may switch to this in the future as I use a fair amount of tube based products and the waste adds up.

Adidat

Rorschach":cvjeyonk said:
Noel":cvjeyonk said:
Rorschach":cvjeyonk said:

Yep. Push it out using a bit of rod, ideally before everything has set in the tube.

Then put the rod, tube, and plunger aside on a piece of greaseproof paper or cling film and leave it for a week or so. Don't attempt to wipe or clean anything.
After a week it will have all cured and will peel away cleanly leaving you with a perfect empty tube and plunger.

I use the same method with nozzles. After I finish with then I leave them out to fully cure. I then put the tip against my compressor blow gun and give it a blast at 100psi. The plug will come flying out and you will have a perfect clean nozzle to add to the spares collection.

Thanks.

Yeah, always cleaning out the nozzles, either with a long screw driven in when all is set or as you mention, a blast of air.

Latest posts

Back