Radial arm thingey

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjcann

Established Member
Reaction score
Due to mobility problems, I tend to work perched on the edge of a stool, slow progress but I get there in the end, but if I want to use router or circ saw across a board its a bit of a problem, I think I have come up with a solution, but I cant remember what its called or who made it, I think it was made for DIY market, you could fix a circ saw or router to the arm which was height adjustable and ran on bearings like a RAS, the base was quadrant shaped and made of ali. I have googled, ebay,d but cant find it, or maybe I just dreamt about it, I do have the oddest dreams sometimes.
artin

Thanks Ian, thats the one, now all Ive got to do is find one, after searching sold items, would you believe one went for £30 five miles from me 3days ago, so it would seem there is hope.
Martin

Thanks Ian
that would be OK, But I am off on holiday for the next couple of weeks, can I PM you when I get back.
Martin

One thing to look out for when considering a Unicut is the room you need behind the table.

Unlike a normal RAS where the blade travels along the rail, the tool (saw router etc.) is fixed on the end of the unicut rail and the rail travels forwards and backwards through a set of fixed bearings on top of the pillar.

Thanks for that, For a change I had thought about that, and I can position it OK. I normally have to sort the problems after purchase.
Martin

Latest posts

Back