Radial Arm Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maghull

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Brand new and first post, so bare with me. Hopefully not to daft but just got a Dewalt Radial Arm Saw and want to know what model it is. The rating plate has everything on it but the model number. Want to get hold of the parts list manuals etc. Also will need to build a table etc. so any help would be gratefully received. Heard the book by Wally Kunkel is good.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 179
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 179
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 179
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 179
I would guess a power shop 125. Is it marked on the end of the arm as you look head on

Tables look and sound complex but they really aren't that bad.

Have you ever used one of those they can be a bit scary as you have to draw the blade towards you, also if it’s a ten inch blade model it will not cut three inches, also the motor has a lack of power. I had mine for a week and got rid of it.

No other markings than those shown. Do they do flavours of 125 as the picture of a 125 that I have seen showed a different hand grip as the most obvious difference? But thanks for the info. Any idea where I can get hold of the manual, parts list, wiring diagram? Also any advice on a table?

they are much of a muchness to be honest- the width is either 300mm or 600mm. models changed a bit over time- I think that there was a 1251 as well.

There is a manual floating around on the site here somewhere.

old-dewalt-1751-radial-arm-saw-manual-t63560.html?hilit=radial%20saw%20manual not sure if the links still work, but if not have a search.

Tables- the simplest is a couple of bits of ply, laminated together, and a piece of flat straight timber as a fence. You will need to level everything out. You can add stops and measures from there. Do a bit of googling and searching on the forum and there are quite a few ideas.

marcros":29y4f6no said:
I think that there was a 1251 as well.
It's different, subtly, to my 1251; different switch assembly and mine has no cut out button. So 125 is probably correct.

They originally came with MDF tables. You'll likely end up cutting into the table quite often, so it doesn't want to be anything too expensive. I use 18mm MDF, but have trouble with it warping in the long term as my workshop is too damp.

Be carefully with it, they can bite, especially if you try ripping.

That is identical to my 125 that I purchased new in 1984.
The original table on mine was chipboard but I have since replaced with a smaller mdf table.
It is the most frustrating job ever to set it up but once done it is a superbe machine.

I have something similar & it works very nicely _ I really like it. It's got tones of possibilities & would've taken quite a few attachments for all manner of jobs that I never knew existed but they seem very odd & all that faffing about is too much for me so cross cutting is all I use it for. Not sure if my model is the same though.

I used a cheap office desk for a table (minus the frame & drawers). It's dead flat, stiff & the melamine/plastic surface is slippery & hardwearing.
I've made a good dust catcher at the rear too (but needs all the suck I can get) as extraction hose at the top of the blade is pointless.

I was thinking of splash out on a http://www.flipstop.com/

Looks identical to mine (a powershop dw125).

Full instruction manual available online. Can post it on here inf that helps.

Jon

Latest posts

Back