Question ? How many will be in there workshops today ??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
OK

How many of you are allowed down the workshops today

I will be in mine doing some final sanding and varnishing of my boat name boards

If you are down there today dont forget to ask HID for tea every 2 hours :lol:

and Turkey sarnies at lunchtime :p

stand back a few paces when asking :shock:

After setting up and installing the new satnav system bought me by my mother-in-law yesterday I can't even find my workshop! :lol:

Brad

Just a word of warning

Xmas eve went out to my van , and the the near side window is smashed

Glove box open and contense of glove box now on floor of van ????

nothing missing ???

phoned police , asked did you have a sat nav bracket in the windscreen ?

Yes , I say , OK they were after the sat nav head unit !!!

I don't leave mine in the van , but I am having a new window fitted today , cost to me £75

so dont leave anything on show :roll:

Thanks for the words of warning, guys.

I've yet to decide where to mount it in the car (a Vauxhall Zafira) but will be making sure that nothing is visible when the car is parked up.

Cheers
Brad

What type of sat nav is it ( your MIL must love you) if it can be free standing then i suggest some anti slip mat on the dashboard surface and just sit it there. It works in my Zafira. No marks or anything on show.

Hi Tiler,

It's a Mio Digi Walker. It's only a cheapo jobby but my brother-in-law swears by his - hence his mother buying me one!

I've had a quick look and it'll sit nicely in the recess in front of the radio display without any fixing at all. I can then stow it in the glove box when parked and no-one will be the wiser.

How do you find the Zafira, by the way? I love mine a lot more than the MIL loves me! :lol:

Brad

got the perfect excuse now
our house alarm , which incorporates workshop and tub room
wont set
so ive nipped down there to find a mouse has eaten part way through the cable to the sensors
im off out soon so a temp repair will have to do for now

now where did i put them mouse traps ????

Brad Naylor":gezy8cm5 said:
Hi Tiler,

It's a Mio Digi Walker. It's only a cheapo jobby but my brother-in-law swears by his - hence his mother buying me one!

I've had a quick look and it'll sit nicely in the recess in front of the radio display without any fixing at all. I can then stow it in the glove box when parked and no-one will be the wiser.

How do you find the Zafira, by the way? I love mine a lot more than the MIL loves me! :lol:

Brad

The Zafira is great (2.0 dti Elegance) 45mpg and plenty of room in the back.
I use an HP Ipaq for my sat nav using Tom Tom software, i used to have a cradle but its a pain to remove every time so it sits on the non slip mat and chats away to me. I can use it on the passenger seat too.
I wouldnt leave it in the glovebox myself.
Did you know that some insurance companies will not pay if the sat nav is stolen if the sat nav is of the handheld PC type. Because its not classed as a vehicle only product.

Tiler - Ref. your comment on insurance companies, there's always some fine print which gives them a 'get out' - it annoys me intensely :cry:

Blister - I might just go down to the 'shop but only to do my annual 'tidy up' jobbie :lol:

Seasonal greetings to everyone

Latest posts

Back