question ?? DeWalt Planer/Thicknesser ??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grandads_shed

Established Member
Reaction score
i have been offerd a DeWalt Planer/Thicknesser rarther cheep.
trouble is its only 3 phase, are these motors have jumpers to rewire as 240v single phase or would this mean a new motor ?

grandads_shed":6veh0gft said:
i have been offerd a DeWalt Planer/Thicknesser rarther cheep.
trouble is its only 3 phase, are these motors have jumpers to rewire as 240v single phase or would this mean a new motor ?

Hi - dewalt never made any 3phase p/t's that I'm aware of (unless from USA and 1950's or something?)

are you sure on this??? :?:

if 3 phase, you can't just rewire to get back to single phase - needs an invertor or dedicated supply.

cheers

grandads_shed":2ka1j9y5 said:
cheers m8 ,, yes it is a 3 phase ,, motor is a dewalt,,, pity though i could have it cheap at £100 ,,,

hi - check for others and especially bob9fingers to give their verdict before binning the idea completely - that's just my view i posted, but I've never heard of 3ph being rewired to 1phase

I've also never come across a DWalt 3phase machine either - is there any model code on the machine?

cheers

I have the Elu version of it in 240 volt and it is a great machine. I use mine almost daily without missing a beat. HTH.

Ive just seen the 3phase dewalt 1150 on ebay for£50 with 1 day left the beds seem a lot smaller more like a portable machine for moving around sites

gwr":2q3run7z said:
Ive just seen the 3phase dewalt 1150 on ebay for£50 with 1 day left the beds seem a lot smaller more like a portable machine for moving around sites

just seen it m8, its got the same plug on it as the one i have been offered, pity its the other side of the country or i would bid on it ,,

Back