Pyrography

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought I would mention it here before I mention it elsewhere. Some weeks ago I bought a Peter Childs pyrography machine and depspite my best efforts I am just not gifted with any creative skills in adding pyrography to some of the things I make so I am selling it. I bought the upmarket kit that included a spare pen, a splitter, so 2 pens can be used at the same time, it came with a few reels of wire for making your own tips. I think the cost was £147 and I have spent another £30 on more wire and loads of pre-formed tips, including spoon tips. There are also some other bits and pieces. I would like £90 for the kit plus £10 postage.

Sorry to hear that Geoff, I do a lot of Pyrography but have never or very rarely used it to enhance any of my scroll work, to me it is another string to my bow and very very profitable
Can I ask you to reconsider and have a go at "pure" Pyrography--- get a free pattern or download a nice picture -- print--- trace with carbon paper and burn--- it is very relaxing and great for winter days when too cold to scroll saw.

Bye the way that is a good deal you are offering

John

Hi Sue a very warm welcome to the forum,if you are fortunate to be able to have the items from Geoff you will get a bargain.It is a shame that Geoff gave up so quick.

Bryan

To Sue,
I echo Bryan's sentiments
Just returned from a very small local Craft Show £5 per table --- sold 6 pieces of Pyrography and only 3 segmentation and I jigsaw- Took 2 orders for Pyro Pet Portraits----there is money in Pyro and it is so simple to do with the kit Geofff has on offer

John

The pyrography kit is now sold to Sue. I don't feel i gave up without giving it a fair crack of the whip. It's a bit like scroll sawing in a way. I have taught many people over the years and sadly there are some who will never make scroll saw artist while others are born to scroll. I spent a long time trying to master the art of pyrography, some say it's easy but I am just not gifted in that way. My ex-wife was brilliant and i have seen others who are also brilliant but I just don't have the touch. I think I will stick to what I know, scroll sawing.

Back