Pop Riveter recommendations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeenToLearn

Established Member
Reaction score
Use quite a few pop rivets in my job and have always used same "no make" hand riveter for years until it started not releasing the stems sometimes,, so bought a Stanley riveter as well, worked fine for few months but now Stanley is useless, have a stem trapped in there right now which cannot release and try as I might, cannot even fully dissemble, try as I may!

Will be keeping old one as a backup, but has anyone got a recommendation for a new, trouble free riveter please- compact as need get in tight spaces? Might even consider a cordless one as I see such items available now.... but prob prefer control of hand riveting?

Last edited:
Power riveters win hands down. I have the Energitech model and it's brilliant to use. Just hold the piece with your left hand and use the tool in your right . It's like the difference between a hand crank and cordless drill. :giggle:

depends on what size rivets....
for the small ones I'm still using my American made rivet gun that I bought 50years ago.....
the big ones I use a no brand Chinese canterlever ....not quite as old, both have worked v/hard.....
the Stanley will just be a rebadged Chinese cheapo.....as u have found out.....
Never bothered with an air driven models.......

Tucker riveters were the ductwork industry standard when I worked in the trade. I believe they owned the copyright to "pop rivet". FAR riveters from Italy are robust and can handle 3/16 rivets with ease..Both of these are the leaver type ,I always found lazy tongs cumbersome and useless in cramped conditions.
Tony

I pull 1000's of rivets a year - mainly 1/8" stainless and aluminium. Tucker TT55's are the best - generally the older the better. Square rear handle is normally the giveaway. Whenver I see them in good nick on ebay I buy them if they're under £25. If you need compact, they're the best. Lazytongs and power riveters are good but not if you need to get into a tight space.

Use quite a few pop rivets in my job and have always used same "no make" hand riveter for years until it started not releasing the stems sometimes,, so bought a Stanley riveter as well, worked fine for few months but now Stanley is useless, have a stem trapped in there right now which cannot release and try as I might, cannot even fully dissemble, try as I may!

Will be keeping old one as a backup, but has anyone got a recommendation for a new, trouble free riveter please- compact as need get in tight spaces? Might even consider a cordless one as I see such items available now.... but prob prefer control of hand riveting?
I have these for sale a top quality USA made tool check out their website
£25 including postage in uk

Attachments

• 615756E0-065B-46EE-9C44-86A900528EDD.jpeg
    615756E0-065B-46EE-9C44-86A900528EDD.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • 3E9CB3F0-C9F4-4DB2-AF2B-CF414CFBCBFC.jpeg
    3E9CB3F0-C9F4-4DB2-AF2B-CF414CFBCBFC.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Have bought a Gesipa Accubird cordless 2ndhand, will be trying to use all time as hoping that will help my back as will be quicker- have thrown the Stanley away and my old handheld seems to be behaving again as backup! Thanks for all your ideas afraid the lazy tong types need too much space/ awkward as usually use at full stretch anyway, prob look for an old Tucker as further backup

Interesting to me as a Yank - the brands y'all mention are nowhere in sight over here. Marson is a respected American maker (the one I have is similar to the Klik Fast picture up above), but likely not worth the freight to get it over there.

Have bought a Gesipa Accubird cordless 2ndhand, will be trying to use all time as hoping that will help my back as will be quicker- have thrown the Stanley away and my old handheld seems to be behaving again as backup! Thanks for all your ideas afraid the lazy tong types need too much space/ awkward as usually use at full stretch anyway, prob look for an old Tucker as further backup
We use the gesipa's, they're very good. Heard good things about the milwaukee as well. Our main problem is that most of our work is in food factories - the tuckers hold a rivet once they're loaded whereas the electric ones don't. Dropping rivets or shanks is a big no-no so we tend to use the handheld ones as it's easier to control.

Back