pocket watch stand

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi folks , I have been asked to make a stand to hang a pocket watch from , is this something anyone has seen before & where could I get a design / drawing for one , thanks for looking, T

This?

37536_0.jpg

This is one I made based upon Gary Rance's version made in four parts....
IMG_20150913_113344359_zpsu5nfagug.jpg

Two identical columns with beads top and bottom and a ring split into two to make the arch. The grain for the ring runs horizontally.

The arch is screwed onto the columns which have slightly concave tops using two headless #4 screws in central pilot holes.

The columns fit into forstner bit drilled mortices in the base.

HTH
Jon

As it happens i have just made one, pocket watch stand and 40 year calendar. Made from reclaimed mahogany. I'm no photographer, so excuse pic. The line round inside circumference of watch recess is brass inlay, not a mistake LOL. As i said pic is rubbish.

Did something similar to IHC1vc4, but just for a watch, for Father in Law, some 45 years ago so no pics. But that was done with hand carving of the recess, if I recall correctly. The much more ornate turned versions look very impressive.

Latest posts

Back