Pocket hole jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plug

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting one of these jigs for a while now, got an email fom Axminster today and their Kreg K2000 pack is on offer for £49.99 (normally £83.00), is this a bargin or is there a better jig/kit about.
I have never used one before any advice would be great.

Thanks Paul.

hi plug,
I have the Axminster kit which was about £40 or something like that and it does everything I need, but had this been available for a few quid more I wouldprobably have brought it. I notice the kreg kit comes with extra things like individual blocks to drill single holes etc, I am not sure if that is a gimmick or not as I have survived without it.
Sam

Hi Paul,

I've got a couple of different types and do a load of pocket-holing! If you want to try before you buy you can pop down to my works in Staplehurst and have a go. I'm around tomorrow morning I'll PM you my mobile number.
Simon

I have the K2000 jig and it is fantastic for the money, very easy to use and good quality as well.

Ian

Thanks for the offer Simon, but it has gone really crazy a work in the past couple of weeks and it looks like I will be doing alot of weekend work. Still I should not complain 3 weeks ago I was nearly laid off.

I think I will pop over to Axminster one evening next week and get the jig as the offer runs out on the 28 of Febuary.

I live in sittingbourne so it was probably me and I don't think there are any other Cerberas in the area the same as mine as it is a rare colour, I think there is only 4 or 5 in the country.

I've been thinkin about getting one for a while now as while, looks like a pretty useful (and fast) method to use in carcass construction. I may be tempted by this offer, thats some saving.
Dumb question; what are pocket screws like in man made board? I assume they're ok in MDF but what about MFC? I'm assuming the chipboard would crumble around the pocket...
:sign3:

You get different screws for different applications. Some with more corse thread, some with less so chipboard to hard wood isn't a problem. The screws can be a bit expensive but other than that I find the Kreg stuff excellent.

Paul

If you havent brought it yet get the master system...it is worth the extra and has dust extraction.

My most recent project has been building inserts for my parents wardrobes. They were put together using Domino's to locate and pocket hole screws to hold together. Very quick and fool proof method.

Master system also alows you to clamp the work peice from the front...it may sound a small difference....in practise its a huge difference!

Cheers

Piers

Little bit to late I have just got in from Axminster with the new jig, and a plane hone and a few other little bits, (its great living only 5 minutes away) the jig probably won't get used a great deal so I think the 2000 will do me fine for now, I can always upgrade late if I need to.Thanks anyway Piers

Been a while since I've been on the forum... but I've got a couple of projects finished and another on the go so still woodworking! Came on to research MDF built ins and pocket holes so this looks like a good offer.

Also I live in Staplehurst! Where abouts are you Oryx, on the industrial estate by the station I presume?

Yep, unit 2 Larkstore Park, Lodge Road pop along. I'm mostly there 8-5 but give us a ring on 07968 417383 if you want to check I'm there.

Simon

I'm also interested in buying the Kreg K2000 pack, but noticed that it only seems to do fixed depths of materials (13,19 and 38mm) whereas the K3 master system is variable from 13 to 38mm.

Does anyone know if it's possible to use the K2000 on other depths of material and if so how easy it is.?

Thanks in advance

just recieved my k2000.. nice bit of kit...
flicking thru the constructions it seems to show that if it is an odd size timber etc you can just add a shim/spacer and then adjust the collar on the drill bit to give you different depths...

Just got mine as well, seems fairly straight forward adding blocks for any depth of material. Yo_chuci, are you gonna mount yours on a board? Looks like a good way of doing it, just clamp the board to the bench and off you go...then hang it on the wall when you're done.

You lucky people, by the time I'd ordered they'd all gone! Bit annoying the site let me order, but said they were out of stock, I also added some screws to get free postage. Then got an email today saying the item was out of stock and order cancelled but the screws were in the post!!! Not much use without a jig!

Anyway helpful Axminster have already sent out a freepost returns label and were apologetic didn't look to see if the two items were related.

Apparently the stock "...came to us through Brimarc when we took them over, so we only had a limited number."

oh well :(

Back