Plywood desk - what about the edges?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being new to this and less skilled than many here when I made a plywood desk for my son I used 18mm hardwood ply cut to size on the table saw, the off-cuts from the 8' x 4' sheet used to double up the thickness around the edges. lightly spray painted the edges masking the top to avoid over spray so that I could see low spots when running a plain down the sides, then trimmed the edge with some oak strips from Wicks glued and pinned. Then stained dark oak and varnished. Very pleased with the result, the first time I have made a join 6' long that looks strait and free from gaps etc. without filling. Turned relatively cheep ply into an OK piece of furniture.

Got a picture?
Being new to this and less skilled than many here when I made a plywood desk for my son I used 18mm hardwood ply cut to size on the table saw, the off-cuts from the 8' x 4' sheet used to double up the thickness around the edges. lightly spray painted the edges masking the top to avoid over spray so that I could see low spots when running a plain down the sides, then trimmed the edge with some oak strips from Wicks glued and pinned. Then stained dark oak and varnished. Very pleased with the result, the first time I have made a join 6' long that looks strait and free from gaps etc. without filling. Turned relatively cheep ply into an OK piece of furniture.

Back