Plywood box construction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It can take some time to set them up the first time, I didn't use a jig but Peter Parfit explains how to get it close https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtTAJO1Paj0, which helped.

I have kept some offcuts so that I can now set them up really quickly.

If you go this route, pm your address and the thickness of the plywood, I can send you some offcuts, will speed it up somewhat :)

I never finished them in time for Christmas - but wanted to thank everyone for your help. They are not the highest achievement in craftmanship but their new owners are very pleased with them.

Attachments

• boxessm.jpg
    boxessm.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 129
Thanks Terry - I rebated the ends of the front and back and glued and pinned the sides into the rebates, the bottom was in a rebated groove and the top was inset into a rebate and filled. All edges were rounded over and the names were routed free hand (using templates I printed and stuck on). It was a big learning experience for me and I am definitely going to try a few of the alternatives suggested here in the future. Thanks again to everyone.

Latest posts

Back