Ply roof protection

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonCamo

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi

I am putting a roof on my gazebo project. 15mm hardwood ply with box profile roof sheets on top.
I have painted the sheets with two coats of weathershield.
There may be a delay between the ply going up and the roof sheets being fixed over the next 2 - 3 weeks. If we get any rain on them will they start delaminating at the edges in that space of time?

Regards

Jon

Attachments

• 20230510_135939.jpg
    20230510_135939.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230604_113301.jpg
    20230604_113301.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
When you say weather shield are you talking about dulux weather shield paint . In any event if they have been throughly covered, especially the edges then I don’t see A massive issue- however I guess it would depend on how much rain and over what period. Could you cover the sheets with a tarpaulin until you can complete your build ..

When you say weather shield are you talking about dulux weather shield paint . In any event if they have been throughly covered, especially the edges then I don’t see A massive issue- however I guess it would depend on how much rain and over what period. Could you cover the sheets with a tarpaulin until you can complete your build ..
Thanks.

Yep dulux weathershield. Have got some tarpaulin. Just will need to weight it down well

Ensure you do or have sealed the edges of the plywood... otherwise moisture will penetrate and in time the ply sections will start to peel/lift...

Back