Roofsheet overhang over ply, monopitch roof

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonCamo

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi

Putting a roof on my gazebo project. It is monopitch. For the highest face of the roof should the roofing sheets overhang the ply underneath so as not to allow water to ingress over the top of the ply edge as per the mock up photo attached?

These sheets have the anti-condensation lining so they do not recommend using foam fillers to fill the gaps in order to allow ventilation so you are left with a slightly unsightly underside. Or do I use fillers at the highest face and if I do not use them at the eaves on the lower face would there still be enough ventilation?

Hope that makes sense

Regards

Jon

Attachments

• 20230604_172629.jpg
    20230604_172629.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
I am not a big fan of anti con fleece backing as I think it doesnt really solve any problems. Strongly recommend you install a breather membrane between the ply and steel sheeting (which is what all commercial fully supported steel cladding systems use.. I would also recommend a small flashing at the top to full cover the ply edging. Flashings should all have a welted edge

I am not a big fan of anti con fleece backing as I think it doesnt really solve any problems. Strongly recommend you install a breather membrane between the ply and steel sheeting (which is what all commercial fully supported steel cladding systems use.. I would also recommend a small flashing at the top to full cover the ply edging. Flashings should all have a welted edge
Thank you Hornbeam

I have a corner trim to put along the edges

Regards

Jon

Back