Ply / Ply Workbench Free to Good Home! (Gone!)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeathRobinson

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I was hanging on to this after the workbench plans sorta came to a halt but, as I have no space and it turns out the lettings agency is going to visit very soon to check on the house, I figure I had better get rid of it post haste.

I'm a hobbyist but I'm sure a stack of ply and the odd power tool hanging around would make it seem like I'm not, and that's against the rules of the letting! :lol:

The story behind this is set out in detail in the thread in the Ply Workbench thread in Projects, workshop tours and past mistakes. This is a link to that thread, [url=https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29068]https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/view ... hp?t=29068[/url]

If you're interested in taking on this project and perhaps completing it or even just taking the wood away for your own use then please let me know.

The ply itself is Exterior WBP BB/CC and is 5 ply 18mm thick. It has been cut to dimension according to the original Fine Woodworking plan.

Pity for me really, but best not to dwell on it too much.

Simon
Melksham, Wiltshire

Simon are you sure you can't use the ply to make a foldable/collapsible/storable work bench/table? Seems like an awful waste of money to me. Ask the landlord if you can put a shed in the back garden. I'm quite sure he won't object.

Bad luck Simon - have you only just found out about the rules of your lease? Out of interest, is it the materials or a finished bench that you think they would object to, or both?

Cheers, Ed

Hi guys,

wizer, I was keeping it to make the compact bench but I don't think I'll get time between now and the visit from the agency, nor do I really like the ply that much for the lounge or parts of future furniture, it would be fine in a workshop setting.

Ed, it is just the materials I'm worried about. The rules of most rented places say not to run a business from the home. I program computers from home and there is no problem but I just don't feel like explaining the reason for the ply and tools to them. The ply doesn't have the look I like anyway. I'm certain nobody would give 2 hoots about a finished bench, maybe an amused look but no more :lol:. It's me that doesn't want a full on bench in the lounge anymore.

I'm OK with this. We live and learn.

Simon

Yes. It would seem so, joiner_sim. For what it's worth I already have a workmate but was getting a little fed up with it :lol:

By the way, the project is now spoken for, thank you for the interest received from the two parties concerned. :D

Simon

Thanks woodbloke, as per my avatar :D with cream eclairs too! Kinda like Christmas come late or super early! The hunt for loose screws around the house has been in vein so far! Some day soon though I shall leap upon an unsuspecting lazy screw with this fine tool!

HeathRobinson":1u4xw79b said:
Thanks woodbloke, as per my avatar :D with cream eclairs too! Kinda like Christmas come late or super early! The hunt for loose screws around the house has been in vein so far! Some day soon though I shall leap upon an unsuspecting lazy screw with this fine tool!
Simon - you're more than welcome, enjoyed the run out to your place and meeting Miss Robinson.
Waffles were fantastic :D - Rob

Back