please recommend kitchen fittings suppliers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinr

Established Member
Reaction score
Trying to find some short worktop supports (to hold up one end of a breakfast bar) at a more sensible price.

I found this at Buller Limited. They have some budget ones at £13 and some smarter ones at £18.

I'll feeling quite tight at the moment so I wondered if anyone else might be cheaper. My evidence so far is NO as I have seem lots of similar ones on the web at upto £35 or even £56.

My other thought was wardrobe rail - but that may not have much strength.
Any advice?

I think that if you use wardrobe rail to support the end of your breakfast bar, you'll soon be eating breakfast off the kitchen floor. £18 doesn't sound too bad to me. Ikea might be worth a look, if there is one near you. Did I just recommend Ikea? :oops:

Thats who else I'd thought of. isaac only do full legs. ironmongery direct only have full legs or 3m fat tube - everything rather expensive. I think I saw some at woodfit - but the site is down right now - pricey there too.

I agree the Buller price is pretty good in comparison - it just seems a lot for a short bit of chromed steel. These short legs are only 150-200mm long, and you need (atleast) 2.

I wondered if the wardrobe rail would cope for these short poles, which link the breakfast bar to the normal worktop. I have a heavy breakfast bar leg I picked up (fairly) cheap for the high end.

I thought you needed to support the bar from the floor, as its only a short didtance then 25mm hanging rail will be OK. I would fis it by drilling holes into your main countertop and the underside of the bar as the sockets for handrail look a bit naff.

Jason

Hi,

Just my opinion, but I'd argue against hanging rail. I used it in a similar circumstance once and the problem is that the plating is so poor that it soon looks shabby and rust starts breaking thro'.

regards

Colin

I have used IsaacL a few times now and they have been very good indeed, very helpful and when you compare prices to the likes of B&Q it makes you think how much money they must make on some items.

What about wooden legs, matching the doors? They could be turned or tapered depending on the style of the kitchen.

Agree about Isaac Lord. I got some handles off them at good prices. They even answered some questions over the phone first. They don't appear to have any short legs/supports though.

"Some Wood" was my other thought. Its just that its a chrome leg for the other end - seemed like a good idea at the time.

The best B&Q madness I came across was dowel nuts bagged in singles for £1.30 each. A box of 50 from screwfix was £1.80 at the time (although postage made that unsuitable). I got them with bolts locally for something more reasonable in the end.

Hafele stock a whole bunch www.hafele.co.uk. look in kitchen accessories and then breakfast bar supports. Isaac Lord will generally get you what you want from Hafele although its not difficult to open an account with Hafele. You could say you are a property developer (if you are doing up a house, its not incorrect).

505.26.223P1.JPEG

505.26.223D1.gif

These show as bing about £4.50 + vat

Cheers

Tim

Tim: Thanks for the info. I came across some Hafele info the other day but you have to register for prices. Anyway when I googled the part number I only turned up a USA listing, but they wanted loads (> $100) which I assumed reflected hafele's pricing. I will research this further.

Update: Nothing at Homebase - full legs only. Ditto at B&Q except they were not really sure if they even did full legs.

Guess I'll ask Issac Lord next or try and register with Hafele. Or are there any Hafele stockists about....?

Back