Planing Timber - Assistance Required

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeanN

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just purchased 7x2.4m lengths of Western Red Cedar (1"x6") for a customer project. Its my first venture into sawn, air dried timber, as I usually work in board materials. I've not sorted a planer/thicknesser yet though - its my next purchase, having just shelled out on an Axy table saw.

I need this timber planing/thicknessing urgently - is there anyone in the Derbyshire area (I'm in Chesterfield, but willing to travel) with a planer thicknesser who could run this through for me in return for some widely accepted beer tokens? It would dig me out of the mire and would not be forgotten.

Cheers (hoping)
Dean.

P.S. If this post apperars twice, its because I thought I'd posted one earlier on my HTC, but it hasn't appeared???

I wouldn't mind doing it for you, however I am in Woking about 3 hours away, I am sure that someone closer will help you out, but if your really stuck the offer if there.

Thanks for the kind offer. I've had a couple of local offers of assistance, and hopefully should be sorted later in the week. Next step to buy a PT!!!

Thanks Again.
Dean.

DeanN":3duet8jy said:
Thanks for the kind offer. I've had a couple of local offers of assistance, and hopefully should be sorted later in the week. Next step to buy a PT!!!

Thanks Again.
Dean.

If you have the space...

Sedgwick under and over 12" MB

Deep pockets required but it will last for ever with reasonable maintenance.
I don't have the space, but I compromised and bought one.
I am now going to compromise my savings and buy a Domino! :lol: :lol: (Maybe!)

John :wink:

Benchwayze":37vww4uf said:
DeanN":37vww4uf said:

Thanks Again.
Dean.

If you have the space...

Sedgwick under and over 12" MB

Deep pockets required but it will last for ever with reasonable maintenance.
I don't have the space, but I compromised and bought one.
I am now going to compromise my savings and buy a Domino! :lol: :lol: (Maybe!)

John :wink:

Thanks for the recommendation John.

Time to start drawing up a short list :shock:

Back