Pile o' rust gloat

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice score on the saw Pete! By all means put some pictures up :) I upload pictures to my Picasa account and link them from there.

Sand gently over the etch, with finer paper, and use a wooden block. That seemed to work well for the Disston etch on mine.

Just realised the batteries in my camera are dead! I'll recharge them overnight, take some photos in the morning and then try to upload them at some point tomorrow....

Trizza":h2g8jvkh said:
Nice score on the saw Pete! By all means put some pictures up :) I upload pictures to my Picasa account and link them from there.

Sand gently over the etch, with finer paper, and use a wooden block. That seemed to work well for the Disston etch on mine.

And thanks for the advice Trizza! I used photobucket in the end as I'm more familiar with it. I need to finish sanding the saw but I noticed the etching was pretty thin along the top of Thomas Turner & Co. so I've stopped for now while I think of something else or invest in a much finer grade of wet and dry! :?

Hi Pete, it is easy: copy the IMG Code and past it in your entry:

tools079.jpg

tools078.jpg

tools080.jpg

tools087.jpg

I really like that etching!
tools091.jpg

Cheers Pedder

Thats one saw that looks like it means business, bet it'll cut sweet once she's set/sharpened.

Etching is excellent too, really sharp!!

Thanks again Pedder!

CroppyBoy1798, I bought the saw thinking I'd have to set and sharpen it but it has a perfect kerf, the teeth have a uniform height and it's razor sharp. I'm beginning to wonder if it's been used much at all. Having said that the handle's had plenty of knocks so maybe it has...

When you find an old, rusty saw you have to ask yourself why someone let it rust in the first place; because it doesn't always mean the saw is old and therefore 'good'... Rust can build up almost overnight. :lol:

Usually you can tell though, and it looks like a decent haul.

So Good Luck!

John :wink:

Thats a very nice looking saw Pete! Feed some that thing some wood, it looks hungry :)

Back