Pierced, Textured and Coloured Bowl.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny.t.

Established Member
Reaction score
This is the first bit of turning I have been able to do since the end of last August as I have been busy renovating our new home, moving and 'most' importantly trying to build my new workshop! The workshops not finished yet so I had to turn this with my lathe in my garden shed, not bolted down and about 9 inches lower than I like it to be lol!
The piece is titled 'Rust', it's made from Beech, coloured with acrylics and is about 8" wide.

C&C welcomed.

Well if you're entering this month's challenge I might as well pack it in now! Very impressive, must take a lot of time and patience to perforate the bowl.

Great piece of work like the colour change, The only down side is what looks like a couple of breaks on the left near the rim, I know how fragile a piece like this can be

Well done looks great I don't mind the breaks fits in with the title RUST super cool Cheers Roger

Thanks for the replies. I didn't think I needed to explain about the gaps....lol. There are NO breaks in this, the piece is called rust and its supposed to look like its decaying away, the green part is the furthest gone and the furthest edge of that has the gaps, as in 'rusted away' lol (there are also another couple added in other places).
If a crack does appear in the in the short grain sections during making these it is easily repaired with a tiny drop of superglue!

I hadn't noticed this months challenge was for a pierced piece!

Well worth the wait Johnny , good to have you back posting .

Superb interpretation of a piece with rust ,looks like something pulled from a scrap heap [I mean that as a compliment ] Fantastic piece of art .

johnny.t.":l3z1ywll said:
Thanks for the replies. I didn't think I needed to explain about the gaps....lol. There are NO breaks in this, the piece is called rust and its supposed to look like its decaying away, the green part is the furthest gone and the furthest edge of that has the gaps, as in 'rusted away' lol (there are also another couple added in other places).
If a crack does appear in the in the short grain sections during making these it is easily repaired with a tiny drop of superglue!

I hadn't noticed this months challenge was for a pierced piece!

Sorry about that should have thought about it a little more :oops: ](*,) . Shame about not putting it in the comp would certainly beat mine.

Thanks for the comments :)

Graham, its pretty simple really, its a very thin turned bowl, a design for the holes drawn on and then cut out with a rotary tool(dremel). A bit of gentle sanding and texturing, some decorating and its done!

Dalboy":127lvk1w said:
Sorry about that should have thought about it a little more :oops: ](*,)

My fault, I should give a better description :lol:

Back