Pictures from my holiday in Canada

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertMP

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been back a few days and so far been too busy editing pictures to do any woodwork! I always shoot in 'RAW' format which means the files need processing but you end up with better pictures.

I'm about halfway through them and here are some of the keepers so far..

Johnson Lake
jl06.jpg

Castle Mountain (huge!)
cm01.jpg

Moraine Lake
ml03.jpg

Takkakaw Falls - check the trees at the top for scale
tf01.jpg

Emerald Lake
el05.jpg

Emerald Lake
el02.jpg

Johnson Canyon Lower Falls
jc03.jpg

Moraine Lake from the 'rockpile'
ml203.jpg

And again
ml204.jpg

Looking back at the mountains from Moraine lake road
ml206.jpg

Lake Louise Sunrise
ll04.jpg

Now to have a browse round the forum for a while before back to editing more pictures :)

Blimey Robert, you've nearly got the hang of this photography lark haven't you :wink:

Seriously, stunning. I particularly like the last one.

We flew to Calgary then drove through the Rockies up to Jasper then back down the other side to Vancouver from where we flew back.

These pictures are from the first few days. Plenty more to work my way through yet. All taken with my Canon 5D and either 17-40mm or 24-105 lens. A polariser filter or graduated filter helped hold back the bright sky in some of them.

Stunning :shock:

I have wanted to goto Canada and the Japanese mountainous regions for years, and want to all the more now

my word that are quite breathtaking!! Do you sell prints! They are seriously top notch. I'm really starting to dislike you; first of all a wonderful wood project, and now amazing photographs!! GRRRR! I'm not jealous at all, I love it here in gray wet essex, honest guv!

Wow! Those are fantastic Robert!
The last one is especially good - you ought to contact Microsoft, it's far better than their similar sunrise pic they use for the Vista windows wallpaper!

Andy

Agree with all the comments here - Great set of images. =D> =D>
Looking forward to seeing any others you post. 8)

Cheers :)

those pics are superb

my wife and I are looking at emigrating to British Columbia and those pics are just helping us along it looks superb :D

Robert

These are excellent photographs. I love your composition.

Cheers,
Neil

Latest posts

Back