PHOTO's

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
timber":11if2kmn said:
Does a Mod not know
Timber

Ive been browsing this forum for over a year. Fantastic for information but it lacks behind other forums in uploading pictures.

Polar-bear-free-bear-clip-art-polar-clipart-pics-2-image-clipartix-2.jpg

Just tried adding my avatar from my hard drive...
Seemed simple.

try...

• In the Full editor, scroll down to below the text entry box, click on the upload attachment Tab.
  • Click <select file> and find and click on the file you want to add and select <open>
  • Click <add the file>
  • Place the cursor where you want the image to appear and then click <place inline>
  • finish typing and hit submit.

While coleys link has a number of other useful pieces of information in it, the basics of adding a picture are now out of date due to the recent forum updates.

Attachments

• Polar-bear-free-bear-clip-art-polar-clipart-pics-2-image-clipartix-2.jpg
    Polar-bear-free-bear-clip-art-polar-clipart-pics-2-image-clipartix-2.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 243
It works the same as before but the links are in a slightly different place.
A photo hosted on another site - paste the link between the two brackets that appear when you click the image button above the paragraph box (1)
to add an attachment - the 'upload attachment' link is below the submit button etc (2)

Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 13.30.05.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 13.30.05.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 13.30.05.png
    95.7 KB · Views: 239
Still no joy,, The pic s are 480 kb are they too large ?? when I try to attach all I get is a full size pic on my screen (Win 7 P.C.) and if I want to get behind it, or see side by side all that happens is -----it takes all the Uk Workshop site off. All I then have left is the Pics from my pc displayed. on my screen
Is there a method of drag and drop that I use on other sites ??

Do you use dropbox?

If you do, upload to a public folder on there. Dropbox doesn't cost anything.. Right click the file on your computer, select "Copy dropbox link" then insert that link into a post with the picture button. You'll just need to edit the link slightly, remove the dl=0 and replace it with raw=1 and the picture will end up embedded in the post.

For me, the problem is the small size of the pics you're permitted to post. GrahamF's picture above is a blurry, low res affair: no disrespect Graham but I would like to be able to view your efforts in more detail than that. I know the answer is to host the pictures elsewhere but it would be nice to not have the hassle. In this day and age...... of inexpensive multi terabyte storage and (for most) reasonably swift connection speeds.
Just sayin'

O.K here's the same image but 214kb. Don't know what you're viewing images on but on my 11.6" pc or Samsung tablet, they're both acceptably sharp - others may disagree :?: Have you clicked on images to enlarge?

P1010026b.jpg

Attachments

• P1010026b.jpg
    P1010026b.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 195
Thanks to all who have tried to help, One reason was the pic size. I am still trying to downsize them. Will have to lie down for a while!!!!!!!!???????
Timber

Thanks Robo
I have managed to make the pics smaller. Two ways --using a resize method and your email method. I still can not put them on this site. I wanted to send a private message to you -------HOW on earth do I do that.
I am on Win 7
Tmber

timber":24xd6mpj said:
Thanks Robo
I wanted to send a private message to you -------HOW on earth do I do that.

Click on his avatar.
Click on the envelope icon in the bottom right of the pop up window.

HELP, I am finding it difficult to resize photos. Which, or what is the most simple web site for resizing .
I have tried the email to self method and can only reduce pics to 480k
Timber

I've merged your two threads together Timber to try and keep the subject in one place. If you can answer the question above, what kind of computer you are using then we can have a starting point from which to offer help.

Hi nev
Thank you for your help, I have two pcs (not Lap tops) one is an old one running X.P. and the one I use now is on Win 7. I am 83 in March and am trying to clear some of my sheds one holds woodwork stuff and the other holds metal work stuff, except for a Coronet lathe . ( no room for it in the wood work shed 16 x 10 feet
With the help of others I have at last resized my pics, using Paint program . The Coronet lathe came hardly used and had Coronet chisels that have never been used.
Thanks to all the others who have tried to help Now---- all I have to do is get the pics on the site!!??
Timber

Back