Photos

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinlightfoot

Established Member
Reaction score
Photos on the forum,as I am taking part in the Secret Santa activities this festive season I have been asked to put a photograph of my present on the forum.My question is,how do I do this and is it going to cost me loads of money?It is worrying to hear that it's costing people lots of money to post pictures,or have I misunderstood somewhere.Please explain in plain language and not in computer gobbledygook.I am hesitant to post in sections like (what did you do in your workshop today)because of my ignorance in posting pictures.Just completed a new workbench myself and I would have enjoyed sharing the experience with others but again my ignorance prevented it.Thanks in anticipation for a simple answer.

Use IMGUR.com

setup an account and upload pictures (and dont make them public, if you are worried about that), and then collect the link from the share option, then paster here.

OR use photobcket, same concept, but when you put the link her eyou need to add ~original between the .jpg and[/IMG] part

Thats as easy as I can do it I reckon

Go to http://www.imgur.com

Get the image you want to post and drop it onto the page. You can drop it anywhere - a little box will come up saying drop images here as soon as it detects that you've got an image to drop in. It'll automatically upload.

Once it's uploaded, in the top right corner of the image you just uploaded will be a little arrow pointing down. Click that and select "get share links".

Copy the bottom left link (BBCode (Forums)) and then paste that into the post you want to make on the forum.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your input I will have a go when I have my daughter here as an interpreter,I know,but I really am a dinosaur when it comes to things like this ,I can't even get my T.V. to work properly on something called Freeview,but that's the story of my life ,never get any thing for free.I want to put one of those funny little yellow picture things after this but don't know how to. L.O.L.,I now know what that means,my granddaughter told me!

Back