Photography

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, BB

Which Benbo is that looks like a Trekker, I have a Mk1 fantastic 'pods but a bit heavy.

Pete

Racers":50biwpli said:
Hi, BB

Which Benbo is that looks like a Trekker, I have a Mk1 fantastic 'pods but a bit heavy.

Pete

Mine is a Mk1, but I also own a Trecker mk1.

By coincidence, each was bought for a fiver at a car boot, spaced by about 2 years. Actually (now I think on it) all of my 4 main (*) tripods have cost a fiver.

A Manfrotto, a Gitzo, and two Benbo's :)

Apparently, if you fully load a Benbo, the (bent)bolt tends to slip a little with time, but since the most mine carries is a Canon A630 on a little wooden pano head, I've never encountered this issue.

BugBear

(*) I may have a teensy tripod problem ;-)

Hi, BB

Nice finds, mine was full price, but seing as it was years ago it has been a good investment.

I have had no problems with mine, I have heard of some people stripping the handle threads.

Pete

Racers":3tx08xan said:
Hi, BB

Nice finds, mine was full price, but seing as it was years ago it has been a good investment.

I have had no problems with mine, I have heard of some people stripping the handle threads.

Pete

yeah, that's the "flip side" of the slipping - over-tightening.

BugBear

bugbear":1qa055hx said:
Lons":1qa055hx said:
Here are some of my sons' pics with same camera as me http://www.flickr.com/photos/stu82/ - STUNNING :!:

Bob

The Exif says he's got a 400d, not your 450d.

But the shots are great - lovely locations, and well executed technique.

BugBear

Yep

Sorry about that - typo slip (senility really), mine's a 400d as well.

I took it to NZ and Oz last year and to South Africa year before with just one 28-135 is lens and produced some excellent photos.

I don't have the talent or vision of my son though sadly :?

Bob

+1 for the Nikon D80 - we used a D40 at work for several years and it took tens of thousands of product shots. We then got a D80 - to use along side the D40 (which still works a treat) and that has been running well for a couple of years too.

But at work they just shoot clothing - not a lot of dust! You'll have to be terribly careful there.

I regularly take my D80 into the workshop...

No adverse affects so far....maybe I am just lucky...

I also change lenses very often...but I do that in the lounge.

Jim

Lons":15199btv said:
I don't have the talent or vision of my son though sadly :?

Bob

In fairness, it appears that he's put a fair bit of time and effort into it as well.

Remember Mr Edison's slogan?

BugBear

Latest posts

Back