Philly's New Plane - with a difference...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul Kierstead":1rqm2cz2 said:
Obeone":1rqm2cz2 said:
... where as its jim K who's probably deaf.

Is that sort of thing really called for? Actually, several of your statements about him are aggressive and rude.

Are you offended or something that he can get $250 for such a thing and you could not?

No not at all, they are only $250 so if they are so good why not buy one, they are fairly cheap really, I think it would take him quite a while to make one, maybe a day, so lets say thats £125/day less costs. Don't you earn more than that in MacDonalds these days.

Obeone,

Why not wait until you are not spoiling for an argument and come back when you have something interesting or helpful to contribute to the forum.

:roll:

No problem, have noticed this quite a lot on the forum, argue against the majority and your deemed to be a trouble maker, anyone who has a different point of view or says anything against the sacried ones are never heard of again, so I had better get back in line or i'm likely to be exterminated like some others.

Congrats Philly, here's a pic of mine from JK received a couple months ago. Feels great when using ,
takes nice thin shavings. Browsing at books a couple of years back I bumped into his Art of Fine Cabinet
Making and that got me hooked on woodworking. Jk never pretends that only his planes can make the finest
shavings, or that they're the only option. I'm delighted to own one though. Sentimental purchase, but that's
no sin.hehehe

100_2569.jpg

Obeone":3nnwvb54 said:
No not at all, they are only $250 so if they are so good why not buy one, they are fairly cheap really, I think it would take him quite a while to make one, maybe a day, so lets say thats £125/day less costs. Don't you earn more than that in MacDonalds these days.

I am not making claims that they are good, I am asking why you have to be rude about the maker. Just about every time. What makes you so mean about it?

Obeone":2yall1p7 said:
No problem, have noticed this quite a lot on the forum, argue against the majority and your deemed to be a trouble maker, anyone who has a different point of view or says anything against the sacried ones are never heard of again, so I had better get back in line or i'm likely to be exterminated like some others.
I have a different point of view to the majority and feel in no imminent danger of oblivion. The difference may be that I merely stated it and left it at that, rather than try to change minds which, quite simply, aren't available to be changed. This whole thing is a matter of personal choice, so any argument against is automatically personal and likely to upset folks. Not my personal choice to spend that much on that end result, but that doesn't make me, or you, "right". Might make us sane, but that's another matter...* :wink:

Cheers, Alf

*It's a joke, folks. Please don't throw things! [-o<

dchenard":fki0j98x said:
Philly, how long did you have to wait between placing the order and receiving the plane, if I may ask?

DC

Tempted... =P~

Hi DC

I don't think this was answered for you, but I can tell you it was a long, long, long time :wink:

And in my opinion, worth the wait - but then I by tools to use, not to look at :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Obeone":4kj9a7cq said:

This is patently not true, but you have decided to rub people up the wrong way whilst trying to change their minds on a point of taste and preference, something you cannot change.
In my opinion, your approach was not designed to endear people to your point of view, but was somewhat confrontational

I personally have argued against the majority on here on subjects such as LA planes and I am still around

Obeone,
I agreed early in the debate with some of your opinions regarding the aesthetics of the plane, but have been very dissapointed since then with your attitude towards Mr Krenov. Mr krenovs designs are not to my taste,but the level of his craftsmanship is without reproach and as such he should be accorded the level of respect this deserves.I can assure you that Mr Krenov would never be slighted in such a way by fellow professionals who would be more appreciative of his contribution to woodworking.The worst part however is your attitude to his age ,I was taught from an early age to show respect towards elderly people and I find your comments highly offensive I dare bet that Mr Krenov,even at his great age would have fare more to say of worth than yourself.

And behold, personal comments begat more personal comments and thus the thread will probably go to a fifth page and a nasty little padlock symbol. Time to go and bend our great intellects to some other topic, ladies and gents?

Cheers, Alf

Back