PETER SEFTON'S OPEN DAY

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexam

Bandsaw Boxmaker
Reaction score
Anyone thinking about trotting along to Peter Seftons open day tomorrow 10 - 4pm ?

http://www.peterseftonfurnitureschool.c ... uly-2015/n

The Open Day is on Saturday 18th July, 10am-4pm, and there will be a chance to meet Peter and see professional demonstrations by experts in skills such as French polishing, tool sharpening and joint cutting. This year we will be having new and different demonstrations so do come along. There will be trade stands where you can get expert advice on buying tools from our very own tool shop, Wood Workers Workshop, veneers, those elusive small quantities of timber and even machinery…

Alex

Thanks Alex, everyone is now set up it's just down to me to get sorted out.

I am just writing up the program for tomorrow, this is the timetable for me.

10AM show opens

10.15 Sharpening and using the new Clifton Block plane

11.30 Demonstration on the Hammer Silent Power planer

12.30 Hand cutting dovetails

2.30 Demonstration on the Hammer Silent Power planer

3.30 Prize draw winner announced

Our other teachers and demonstrators will be available all day including

Bob Jones French Polishing

Chris Eagles Wood Turning

Chris Yates Routing

Lee Stoffer Green Wood Carving

Christian Ellis with Thomas Flinn hand saws and Clifton Planes

Russell Jones from Hammer UK

The students work will be on display and the tool shop will be open all day, whilst Help 4 Heroes will be cooking up the burgers!

Hope to see you tomorrow, cheers Peter

Back home and had an excellent morning at Peter Sefton's open day. (Still time to get there before 4pm)

I was so pleased to see the very high standard of work turned out be people who have only been training with Peter Sefton's school for a year. I spoke with Lisa Smith, whos chairs were really comfortable and her inlay work was superb. Chatted to James MacDonald who has built magnificent furniture that you would see in the best furniture displays around and also to Martin Hills (and his charming wife who is so proud of her husband's craftsmanship), who again has wonderful furniture on display that would be welcomed anywhere.

The other furniture makers showing off their finished work were very busy discussing their skills with others, but the standards that are attributable to this furniture school just overwhelm me.

Think I may well be signing up for some training soon.

I would like to endorse the comments by Alexam on the open day. I discussed their work with some of those he didn't and it was truly amazing. I also had a long conversation with Sean Feeney the schools designer in residence about the piece of his own work he had brought along. Fascinating.
I also watched Peter try out the new Clifton block plane suffice to say that Cristian from Clifton who was watching the fine shavings produced on end grain had the grin of the Cheshire cat.
Wood Workers Workshop had a lot of excellent tools on offer but my credit card escaped with only minor damage.
It was also nice to have a conversation with Steve Maskery in the flesh as against on-line.
Russell

Back