Peter Sefton Furniture School Open Day 22nd July

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The students are working hard finishing off their pieces as we speak, 1am finish last night!

We start setting up the students work and show on Thursday.

We have Andrew Hall here demonstrating his hat turning this year who is always great to see.

Help4Heroes will be here running the BBQ again and excepting donations for burgers and collecting old tools for their veterans workshops.

I have a couple of videos on our Youtube chanel from last years show but don't dare link to them :(

Cheers for posting

Peter

Peter Sefton":9rm2alrn said:
I have a couple of videos on our Youtube chanel from last years show but don't dare link to them :(

Peter

Why not? You're a valued member of the forum. Link if you wan to. I for one would like to see them

PS You managed to organise last year's to coincide with our week away in a house on the beach in Cardigan Bay too....

Are you trying to tell me something? :)

MrTeroo":3ci7tjma said:
Peter Sefton":3ci7tjma said:

Peter

Why not? You're a valued member of the forum. Link if you wan to. I for one would like to see them

PS You managed to organise last year's to coincide with our week away in a house on the beach in Cardigan Bay too....

Are you trying to tell me something? :)

These holidays do get in the way of woodworking on occasions :D

Artisan Media were good enough to make three films of the day, here are two of them to keep you going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nnVrezeoFQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEtFV-R_fqk

I hope you have a great holiday!
Cheers Peter

Thanks, all the family and friends dropping in at various times, with children in one house looking out onto a secluded beach in Cardigan Bay.

We didn't want to leave last year.

It's encouraging to see so many young gradutes coming through.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this year. It is always well worth visiting and it is really good to see the students work.

Neil

Some absolutely stunning pieces on display today, Dark Side of the Room Table was my favourite closely followed by the Ellipse Tables and the 103 Cabriole Console Table. But all the work was just superb. One day ...

JR147":cmxl00oj said:
Some absolutely stunning pieces on display today, Dark Side of the Room Table was my favourite closely followed by the Ellipse Tables and the 103 Cabriole Console Table. But all the work was just superb. One day ...

Thanks for joining us today, so pleased you like the students work, not sure if you stayed for the prize giving but these were the results.

Ian's Dark Side of the Room table was a clever twisting collection of 36 varying sized Walnut triangles with a glass veneered top and PIR light underneath. Ian's piece will be joined by Noah's Eclipse table which have both been asked to display in the Young Makers exhibition at the Furniture Makers Hall in London. Noah who came to us straight from School won two prizes today, the best use of veneer sponsored by Mundy Veneer and the Gordon Russel Design Award.

Other winners from today were;

The Felder machining and the Visitors Choice went to Simon for his Pau Rosa and Pear side board

Whitmores Best use of Timber went to Frank for his Wych Elm writing desk

Young Archie won the Fiddes best finishing prize for his Yew and Sycamore console table

Whilst Ian won the Unsung Hero prize for his team work within the group

Sorry I don't have any pics of the day but will be posting them on Facebook as they are passed to me.

Cheers Peter

A very enjoyable event. The craftsmanship and the design of your students works was second to none. Some imaginative and well executed pieces of furniture there.

I have been following the builds on Face Book of some of the pieces, so it was great to see them and chat to the makers.

Thanks again for a remarkable day.

Love to see some photos if you get a moment to post them at some point and it doesn't upset any rules in regards to your school or students etc Peter. I really enjoyed the videos posted from last years work. Inspirational stuff even if I'm a million miles away in practical terms.
Cheers
Chris

Latest posts

Back