Peter Sefton Tool Shop - A big Thank you

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riclepp

Established Member
Reaction score
I would just like to say a huge big thank you to Perter and Sarah Sefton. It is so refreshing to deal with business propritors that are honest, full of integraity and put a huge amount of effort in to attention to detail and meeting customer requirements. I have just bought and recieved today, some bits and bobs I bought. One of which was out of stock, but they had a demonstartion one in, which they said I could buy and would get a refund from the original price to a reduced one for the item. To be honest I cannot tell the difference as there are no marks on the item nor the box or instructions. Whats more I got some free sample of a famous sharpining system which I think is an unexpect and fabulous gesture. I was happy to pay the full price as indicated on the shop, but they whent out of their way to ensure that my requirements where fullfilled and was done quickly too. So in my humble opion they are second to none when it comes to thier care of thier customers and I will be handing over more of my cash when I need stuff.

So once again a big huge thank you to to Peter and Sarah Sefton =D> =D> =D>

Kindest Regards

What a great story. It's the sort of customer service we would all like to get, but all too often don't. A forum like this is a great place to let others know about something like this. I sure I'm not alone in making mental notes when I see positive (or negative) experiences in members feedback - and then act accordingly when I'm next in the market for something.

Cheers
Steve

Hi Richard it’s always good to hear positive feedback, I hope the planing stop works well - we have had a run on them and so did Brimarc who were caught short as well. The one we sent out was the second one of mine that I had only used a couple of times. I’ve found them very positive and robust for planing against or cramping between the end tail vice and look forward to my own replacement soon.

http://peterseftontoolshop.com/epages/e ... ERPLANSTOP

The Scary Sharp sample is a product we have imported and been trialling for a few months in the workshop – hope you get a chance to give us some feedback when you get a moment.

http://peterseftontoolshop.com/epages/e ... MSCARY-80X

Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts on the forum …
Cheers Peter

Those Veritas planing stops are excellent. Very versatile because they are adjustable. I bought one when I saw them on the Veritas stand at Cressing Temple. Used it a lot and wish I'd bought two.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

I saw those planing stops before but never twigged they were adjustable. Now that I do, I can see two being ordered this weekend.....

It's been a long time since I spent a lot of money on my wood work tools. In the 1980's I purchased most of my kit from a small tool shop in Hitchin called Rogers (sad to say now long gone) and most of it is still in use today.
It is a shame that most of these small shops have now gone in favour of the big internet shops all selling the same things with different brand names.
It is good to hear of a small seller who offers 1st class service backed up with good experience of his stock.

I would just like to echo the "thank you" to the Peter Sefton Tool Shop.

I made a right mash up of an order I was trying to place for some Ashely Isles chisels last Sunday evening.
I cancelled the order and sent an e-mail to them explaining my mistake.

I was surprised to receive an e-mail that same evening (Sunday!) confirming they had stopped my order, but also saying that the chisels were in stock and ready to go should I re-do my order. This done ( properly this time ), I received the chisels, nicely packaged today - together with some scary sharp paper to try out too!

I've booked marked the website - should my missus ever allow me to spend money again! - I'll be back.

Wonderful service and so rare these days. - highly recommended!!!

graham

Back