perfect pattern screwdriver

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizard

Established Member
Reaction score
a bit strange this one

Attachments

• 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 2,329
Is that a notch at the blade end Wizard? If so , it may be a form of tack or staple puller, though I've never seen one so finely made and without a built in fulcrum bend of some sort. I have used something similar to do some upholstering for the mother in law. she seems to have a desperate need to see me doing things. Her favorite words to me are "i've got a perfect job for you".

I have one something like that but I modified it. I use it for removing/replacing split saw nuts

Doesn't look like a damaged screwdriver to me. The tip seems just in too good a shape (admittedly not really easy to see), and the "V" shaped grooves near the tip suggest that they might be either decorative or anti-slip grooves of the same shape.

Can you post a close-up of the tip?

G.

wizard":12aayw98 said:
not very good photo
I'm afraid not!... :lol:

My best guesses would be some sort of leatherworking tool (but why the V-grooves?), some kind of special screwdriver (though I can't imagine for what kind of screw or nut) or simply a flat screwdriver someone has modified to suit some specific purpose (but then again, why the V-grooves?).
With a little more guessing I could imagine several other uses...Not much help I'afraid, sorry.

G.

Hello,

I think yours has been modified by a past user, filed out a vee for some reason. I don't know why the chevron pattern was forged into the blade tip, other than embellishment, could be a good debate here, but for added grip on the screw head is unlikely IMO.

Mike.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 2,080
wizard":1jgdxlb1 said:
or has yours been ground flat

Hello,

Looks like it has been touched up a bit, but there is still steel between the chevrons at the very middle, which grinding flat could not replace. In the OP's example, the metal is definitely missing past were grinding flat could disguise it.

It is not my screwdriver, and I believe they were included in motor car/ bike tool kits, such as MG model T.

Mike.

MG with a Chevron logo??
Mr Chevron was especially proud of it, based on the gears he invented.

Rod

Latest posts

Back