Pen C&C (another)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pvt_Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
Wood: Palo Santo
Finish: Burnished in own shavings, BLO + Super Glue, Burnishing cream with it's shavings again.

Attachments

• DSCF0427 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF0427 (Custom).JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 519
  • DSCF0438 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF0438 (Custom).JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 519
How's the diet coming along (the paper you've photgraphed it on :lol: )

It may have been deliberate but the lower barrel has a slight curve? There also appear to be slight polishing rings on its highlighted section or it may be a trick of the light. The nib end also protrudes very slightly above the wood.

Keep at it, practice makes perfect and I'm still practising too.

It's SWMBO that is dieting, though by extension that means I am too (unwillingly).

The curve was accidental initially but I liked it so kept it (also removing it would have made the lower barrel too thin).

Yes the nib end is above teh wood the last pen i did it was too far below the wood and I over compensated this time.

I'm on a seefood diet :mrgreen:

You say removing the curve would have made the lower barrel too thin, is the nib end larger than the centre band on that kit then?

I use vernier calipers, set slightly oversize to allow for sanding, to determine the size of the ends of the barrels and only use the mandrel bushes as a rough visual guideline. The bushes get worn down with repeated sanding anyway.

When nearing the final size during sanding I also remove the parts from the mandrel
to measure and check them against the hardware (just to be sure to be sure) and then remount them if they need a bit more taken off and for final polishing.

I don't think so.. I think I just took off too much during one of the passes and to level it all would have resulted in that whole section being too thin.

I just measure by eye.. *cough cough*

Latest posts

Back