patriot chuck problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midge29

Established Member
Reaction score
hia all, i have a sorby patriot chuck that is around 4 years old now , problem is i over tightened it and now have ruined the socket where you put the t bar into so the t bar just spins, the t bar is fine so definately the sockets. i have searched the internet but cannot find if i can purchase replacement sockets, i thought i would be able to get new ones , any ideas where these can be purchased, thanks in advance ,

Email sorby directly - I've had a couple of issues with my Patriot and they've sorted me out each time.

I had the same problem, Sorby sent me some new ones, meanwhile, the chuck can be operated perfectly well with an ordinary Allen key of the same size.

emailed sorby last night , got a reply back this morning saying they will send me out some replacements free of charge, which i was not expecting , very pleased

Hi

Good customer relations indeed - however a possible design flaw in the chuck key. I assume it's a 'ball' ended hex key which due to it's limited contact area with the hex socket on the chuck will be prone to wear the softer socket. If I had a Patriot chuck I'd be tempted to reserve the supplied key for use when access was restricted, (Cole jaws or large diameter blanks), and get a suitably sized 'Tee' handled allen key for normal use.

Regards Mick

mick thats a good idea, i never thought of that , once i have fitted the new sockets i will get a t bar allen key , thank you

Latest posts

Back