Paslode gun faulty - Update

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

judder

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys - turns out to be the fan motor kaput ! - Thanks to Scott for supplying a replacement to let me check it out, cheers,

Stephen

Was using the Finish nailer at work yesterday, and it stopped firing nails.
All appears normal until you press the gun to start nailing.Upon pressing the gun to disengage the safety - the fan fails to turn and the light goes solid green.
Have checked the batteries, gas, cylinder condition & cleanliness. Have done a full strip down and can find no clues. Have done a search on net but no success. Would much rather fix myself than to pay to have it looked at as my repair centre takes £45 just to diagnose the fault.
I have the Roughing gun on standby to be stripped down to start substituting parts, but would much prefer a more knowlegable suggestion.
I have managed to download a schematic for the tool to identify the parts, but need to know which part(s) I need. Thanks,

Stephen

£70 at Dand M just to look at it , ive had no end of faults with my paslode finish nailer i gave it away in the end as it was costing me money . A few guesses from paslode ....... old gas , it has a date on it try checking that .
Clean it , its a gun so the chamber needs cleaning . Then i was told well its over 3 years old why not buy a new one . I did , a Default and so far its great . My Paslode finish nailer stopped working soon after buying it but the framing nailer has done a good 5 years .

I know you said you checked the gas but are you sure they are still in date seemingly the small gas cylinders have a best by date [unlike the frame nailer they can sit forever and still work] i only know this because it caught me out this way .
Jim

yeah, deff not the gas, is from a new box and have tried it in my mate's gun. My guess is that the fan motor has gone, but will check it out over the weekend.
Still I need your help out there - am I guessing correctly ?

cheers

Stephen

judder":1nuh31bx said:
Was using the Finish nailer at work yesterday, and it stopped firing nails.
All appears normal until you press the gun to start nailing.Upon pressing the gun to disengage the safety - the fan fails to turn and the light goes solid green.
Stephen

I fixed one like this about 2 years ago, and I'm trying to remember the fault. Definately don't rely on gas new out of a box, it must be within date as well. Do you have a second gun? I remember that I did the fix by swopping the circuits over until I swopped the problem into the second gun. That way, I knew specifically where the problem was...

Ahh, remembering now. Above the firing chamber is a circular PCB (like a doughnut). On that is a small white connector. It takes a few wires which come from the trigger/battery from memory. I found two faults, one, the connector had worked loose from its solder (called a dry joint). A quick touch up from a soldering iron was needed. on the underneath of that PCB.

Secondly, (and the cause of all the problems finding the fault), one of the wires that went into that connector had also snapped internally, just near the end. This was more difficult to find. Do you have a multimeter and are you able to bleep out those wires? I.e. check that they are not broken at all?

Sorry, just reread you post. Yes, swopping parts over should work. I'd start with that wiring loom if possible, then that circuit on the top. (as thats easier but less likely), and then the "doughnut" shaped PCB on top of the firing chamber.

Thats as best as I can remember.

Adam

Adam

I also remember there was a spark plug type cap that could work itself loose from its connection on the back and of the gun above the fan assembly , try pulling that off its connection and giving it a clean .

My minds gone blank - but is their a spark plug on this inside of the firing chamber? Have you checked it isn't gummed up?

Adam

Thanks for the replies, Adam - sounds like you've hit the nail on the head :lol: - I'll be in the garage tonight to try and fix it. I don't think it will be the spark plug as the fan should come on first in the firing order. Im seriously tempted in posting a FIX IT YOURSELF page as the lack of web help out there is dissapointing, and most tools are easily fixed.

Stephen

Latest posts

Back