Paslode 350 playing up, any ideas?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham Orm

Established Member
Reaction score
Any ideas on the obvious before I go scouring through the internet and stripping it down? Battery is good, gas is good, but it fires intermittently. It had the same problem a while ago and I took it to a tool repair place. They stripped it and rebuilt it finding nothing wrong. It worked perfectly when they put it back together. It's just started again.

Anyone else had this experience?

Hi Graham

Unless it's the gas playing up in the cold weather (they sell a winter gas now because of that), it's more than likely just a clean and service job that'll take you about 1/2 hour. Waste of money having it done by someone else IMO.

I asume you have the instructions which are pretty straightforward. It's a bit messy and you need the paslode (or similar) solvent cleaner and a light oil but easy enough. One thing to be careful of is the large O ring. You need to slide the brushes to release it and they break fairly easily so have to clean and oil it carefully.

Appologies if I'm telling you something you already know.

Cheers

Bob

Lons":3cv9dzce said:
Hi Graham

Unless it's the gas playing up in the cold weather (they sell a winter gas now because of that), it's more than likely just a clean and service job that'll take you about 1/2 hour. Waste of money having it done by someone else IMO.

I asume you have the instructions which are pretty straightforward. It's a bit messy and you need the paslode (or similar) solvent cleaner and a light oil but easy enough. One thing to be careful of is the large O ring. You need to slide the brushes to release it and they break fairly easily so have to clean and oil it carefully.

Appologies if I'm telling you something you already know.

Cheers

Bob

Thanks for the heads up Bob. I haven't done it myself before but have paid someone else. I was thinking it's about time I got it worked out. I'll do a little more research then get it on the bench. :wink:

Hello Graham.
I have just serviced my Paslode myself and I have never even used one before. Youtube is you're friend.
I purchased the Paslode cleaning kit but,now know that I need not have.
Equip you'reself with suitable allen/torx keys,rag,light oil and brake parts cleaner which is solvent similar to Paslode cleaner.This cost me £15.00 for 5ltr at Motormania.
Douse everything down to clean it and drain,also allow the solvent to evaporate as it is actually harmfull to O rings etc. The two O rings from ebay sellers are £15.00 ish. Lightly oil all moving parts and O rings.The little spark plug can fail and costs £10.00.
Hope this helps.

Bryan.

All sage advice, one thing though - has the adjustable nose piece slipped at all? our old one was a pain for doing it without you noticing it had happened :evil: , at one angle it would fire no problem but a few degrees off and no fire. The current one we have hasnt done it once :roll: which is a good thing I spose.

No skills":2senr3uf said:
All sage advice, one thing though - has the adjustable nose piece slipped at all? our old one was a pain for doing it without you noticing it had happened :evil: , at one angle it would fire no problem but a few degrees off and no fire. The current one we have hasnt done it once :roll: which is a good thing I spose.

Thanks NS I'll try that before I strip it, although I doubt it, when it wouldn't fire I was trying it over and over so must have had it at every angle and it would go 10 attempts before firing again

BRYAN":2senr3uf said:
Hello Graham.
I have just serviced my Paslode myself and I have never even used one before. Youtube is you're friend.
I purchased the Paslode cleaning kit but,now know that I need not have.
Equip you'reself with suitable allen/torx keys,rag,light oil and brake parts cleaner which is solvent similar to Paslode cleaner.This cost me £15.00 for 5ltr at Motormania.
Douse everything down to clean it and drain,also allow the solvent to evaporate as it is actually harmfull to O rings etc. The two O rings from ebay sellers are £15.00 ish. Lightly oil all moving parts and O rings.The little spark plug can fail and costs £10.00.
Hope this helps.

Bryan.

Thanks Bryan, superb. I'll get stuck in at weekend.

You can get a spray tin of brake cleaner from Toolstation for £2.33, which is what I use to clean mine with. I did buy a small bottle of the correct Paslode oil off of the Bay, but as said previously, the proper cleaning kit is a ripoff.

Have you tried another gas in it? Sometimes you get iffy cans, especially non Paslode ones. Even though there might be plenty left in they refuse to fire.

Dominion":2xalplea said:
Have you tried another gas in it? Sometimes you get iffy cans, especially non Paslode ones. Even though there might be plenty left in they refuse to fire.

Thanks Dominion, I'll take that on board. I only have alternative types but have quite a few so will try several. If it won't work after a service I'll buy some Paslode gas next. I heard somewhere recently that they don't like damp conditions, my van has had some condensation in it over the winter which is where I keep it, but I had been using it for 2 days none stop when it started playing up so I doubt it's the damp issue.

I was reasonably happy with my paslode until I got the new DeWalt to review and there's no doubt which I prefer. I've since sold the paslode so no more gas issues for me :D

Bob

Lons":1kcrbv2g said:
I was reasonably happy with my paslode until I got the new DeWalt to review and there's no doubt which I prefer. I've since sold the paslode so no more gas issues for me :D

Bob

Good stuff, where can I see your review of the DW? I won't be changing but interesting to know about. Thanks :wink:

Back