Parallel jaw clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark_h

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just bought a couple of Axminsters own brand parallel jaw clamps (on offer in their sale). They appear to be almost identical copies of Bessey clamps, yet about £10 cheaper. I have only briefly used them but they seem to work on a par with the Bessey clamps I have already got.

I have been slowly (due to cost) building up my Bessey colection and these Axminster clamps would seem too good to be true, although they are only available in sizes up to 800mm. Have any forum members used these clamps and got opinions on them?

Mark H

Hi Mark,

Are the Axminster ones similar to the Bessey Uni Klamps or to the Bessey K Body clamps ?

If they are of the same design and strength as the K Bodies then sound great value, but given the maximum size you mention I am wondering if they are not more comparable to the lighter weight UniKlamp versions ?

Cheers, Paul. :D

mark

I'd be interested to know if they are like the "K" body, I'm always on the look out for more clamps, and you're right Bessey are expensive.

The axminster clamps are copies of the Bessey K Body clamps. They come in three sizes, 300, 600 and 800mm, selling for about £17, £21 and £25 respectively. I think axminster have been selling them for at least 12 months as they were in last years catalogue as well as the new one.

Mark H

Back