Pair of bowls In Acacia

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EnErY

Established Member
Reaction score
had A long Spell off Turning but its good To Be back starting small working Myself into Things Slowly here is A pair of bowls made In Acacia for some Of my funny handshake friends I Took great pleasure In making these as it was a struggle but very enjoyable just hope you enjoy them as much as I did turning them finished with sanding sealer two coats of carnauba wax stick with 3 coats of microcrystalline wax buffed on the wheel on the lathe.
Regards
Bill

Attachments

• WP_20140501_013.jpg
    WP_20140501_013.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,003
  • WP_20140501_014.jpg
    WP_20140501_014.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,003
They look really great, love the grain from acacia.

How long had you been seasoning those blanks? Reason I ask is I need to cut down an overhanging branch in the lane as it is fouling the tractors.

woodfarmer":2o066pr1 said:
They look really great, love the grain from acacia.

How long had you been seasoning those blanks? Reason I ask is I need to cut down an overhanging branch in the lane as it is fouling the tractors.
Hi
That Timber I had seasoning around 2 years then I cut the logs for turning its unusual grain with a nice sheen I too like it but all timber does it for me because you can never predict the outcome of the end product. not a lot of trouble with end grain tear out as long as tools are sharp
Bill

The first piece of Acacia I saw was a hollow form Phil Irons made at the Axi turning event in Nuneaton. It had a beautiful grain pattern but Acacia is not something you seem to see from the commercial blank sellers.

Latest posts

Back