Painting shelf support holes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got any useful advice regarding getting paint INTO (but not filling!) 5mm holes used for shelf supports?

The library I am making is to be painted green and the freshly drilled holes (c 4,000) of them are rather obvious because the substrate is birch ply

I have tried spraying but rather too much paint gets applied to the surrounding area to get into such a small hole. Flooding is a possibility but given the amount I need to do it will be very messy and time consuming. 5mm is also too small for the average cotton bud I have discovered :roll:

All help gratefully received.

Cheers

Tim

What about a dab of green stain applied with a small paintbrush, even black may look better than the birch.

Jason

Can you not use a fine artists brush and paint into the holes?
What kind of paint are you using?

I hadn't even thought about stain - I suppose it should make it quicker to apply, although I'm not sure how much by.

I could use an artist's brush and dab them but its the sheer number of holes that is so time consuming. The paint is waterbased

Thanks

T

How about stain in a syringe? Without needle the nose of 10cc ones should fit nicely in your holes.

Latest posts

Back