P/T odd extraction problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyho810

Reaction score
Hello,

I think I'm being a but dim and missing something obvous here. I have a Fox 22 568 P/T, similar to the Axminster AH106PT. I have used it so far with no problem. However chip extracting in planing mode has stopped working. Thicknessing is no problem. The only difference between the 2 modes is which way up the yellow chute is. There isnt anything stuck in the chute. It has only been used for a couple of hours from new. Anyone have any bright ideas?

Regards,

Tony

This looks the same as my Holzmann HOB 260 NL. The extraction chute has a gravity operated flapper that moves when the chute is rotated from one mode to the other. Check to make sure the flapper moves freely and nothing is caught between it and the yellow housing.

Belated thanks Mike,
I'm sure you are right, I just need time to take the thing to bits. It looks a like a big job to get it apart. A bit disappointing given it has been used for probably less than an hour from new I don't use it much so I may just live with the mess.

Tony

Back