Outstanding Axminster . . . . again.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chems

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought a cartridge filter for my dust extractor a few months back and posted about it here. A few weeks back I went to turn the handle to drop the dust out before I changed bags and the handle snapped off. It only had a very small spot weld holding it on. So I sent an email to axminster asking if they had a spare they could send. I had a reply saying they were looking. Then today they rang me saying they were completely stuck to find one, none in the showrooms or in stock. So they said they'd have to send me a brand new one!

So one handle snapped and one brand new unit on route, I just think you'd be hard pressed to find another retailer with such customer service!

In my previous life I worked for an international communications giant who gained its reputation for excellence by practicing the same type of customer care.

The new business and market share this generated outweighed the costs by a huge factor and it was fantastic to work for such a company whose customers smiled.

It's a pity that other companies don't wake up and realise this simple but effective practice of running a business.

Well done Axminster...again!

Jim

Just wanted to applaud Axminster again, they have a great customer service reputation for good reason. On the 30th October I ordered their scms awsms102 from their website. It arrived with no probs on the 2nd Nov. I Had a browse on their website last night and noticed the same scms on their front page reduced by £15. I felt that I had nothing to lose by giving them a call, and as I guessed, no problem at all sir, we will send you credit note, which suits me fine as I am a fairly regular customer.

As far as the saw goes for £127.95 for a scms that has 305 x 90 cutting capacity it is ok, albeit with a terrible blade. I fitted a Makita blade and it transformed it into a perfectly good machine. So if you factor in a new blade on top of the saw price I think it's still a bargain, only time will tell how accurate and reliable it remains.

I've never had to deal with their customer service, but I ordered a few odds and ends on Tuesday this week at 3:45pm and they were in my hands at 9:30 the following morning, all for standard delivery charges. Can't say fairer than that. :D

I'm hoping for a bit more luck second time around with an Axminster AWHBS350N bandsaw. Took delivery of it last thursday, took it out the box and all appeared well - box had taken a bit of a bruising but fairly standard courier damage and no harm done to the saw.

Anyway, came to inspect more closely on the Friday after work as I had a bit more time on my hands to find that the top door wouldn't open. I could prise it open maybe a couple of inches and it turns out that the top hinge is completely seized. The welding joint between the door and hinge isn't great so if I attempted to apply a bit more force all it did was stressed the metal. So before making it any worse than it was I dropped them an E-Mail with photos and rang up Saturday morning to follow up. Like you, they didn't have a door to send out (I'm sure just replacing the door following a bit of force to remove the old one would have sorted it) so they are sending out a brand new one which should get to me Tuesday.

Of course I'm massively disappointed not being able to have a go with it this weekend - and out of everything that could have been wrong with it, it was a bloomin' door! - but you can't really ask for much more in terms of customer service so full credit to the lady I spoke to, the company and here's to hoping it's better luck next time!

John

Latest posts

Back