Outdoor Furniture Fixings?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damian33

Reaction score
Hi,

Newbie here - just finishing my second term at night school making an oak toy box and starting to think about an outdoor modern dining table and bench as my next 'project'.

I'm thinking about using Western Red Cedar or Iroko subject to sustainability, etc, but I am at the very early stages with regard to design. One thing that I would like to do though is be able to take the table apart (to some extent) to enable it to be put in the garage over winter.

To do this I could think about wedged mortise tenon & joints or come up with some self-supporting design (i.e. without the need for glue or fixings). However, I just wondered whether it is possible to get knock down fittings like table leg corner braces which are suitable for outdoor use with timbers. I've tried to have a search on the web but can't seem to find anythings.

Any information to point me in the right direction would be very much appreciated and help me progress the design stage. BTW the information I've found on this site has been very interesting and inspiring for a new starter and hopefully help with my progress in this hobby.

Many thanks,

Damian

If you could make a stainless steel version of this you should be able to take the underframe apart in a couple of minuits

You still need to cut M&T joints but the plate holds it all together

You will also need screws liek this and wing nuts both preferably in stainless

Jason

Back