Oriental bowl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cruncher

Reaction score
Another first attempt at a new shape and I didn't lose any fingers!!

Orientalbowl.jpg

Wow :shock:

Thats very nice :p

cant wait to see it for real

Looks like other forum members are keeping quiet about this one

well done Cruncher

:p :lol:

I do like the shape and the finish. These bowls are very popular in the states, they call them 'angel wings'. I haven't had the nerve to have a go yet myself. Does seem quiet on your two postings cruncher....don't know why :?:

What's the wood, Cruncher? I've seen Jimmy Clews do something similar in sycamore, but the "other way up" with the wings lifting the bowl off the surface. I must give that a try one day. Must try to get hold of some chain-mail gloves first! :)

Ray.

cruncher, i thought it was an old propeller. joking aside i think it looks great well done mate

I personally am not into artistic forms, just boring containers of varying sizes, however I appreciate the effort/nerve that went into the making of it Cruncher, a little more info on wood type and finishing method would not go amiss and if possible a sharper picture would do the piece more justice.

OrientalbowlSmall.jpg

I have had limited results trying to sharpen the existing picture.

Paul.J":1b6jtyxm said:
Cruncher,is this your first attempt at turning :?:
If so very impressive :D
Paul.J.

No Cruncher is a old hand , done all the std type round things , and done very well , I have seen all his work , I just introduced him to this forum ,
He is not very good on the computer so his wife does it for him :lol:

Blister wrote
He is not very good on the computer
Join the club. :shock:
So is he or you going to reveal how it is done. :?
Paul.J.

Paul.J":o2rc8tz5 said:
Blister wrote
He is not very good on the computer
Join the club. :shock:
So is he or you going to reveal how it is done. :?
Paul.J.

Hi , cruncher is away for 5 days on holls :D

think he is back Thursday

:p

Hi.

Like the shape, and the wood. Like the others I'm waiting to find out what type of timber it is. :)

It's tempting to post a site for instructions but I'll resist and let cruncher do it when he gets back. Suffice to say I have tried it a couple of times and have yet to succeed. Simple in theory, hard (painful if not careful) in practice.

Pete #-o

Latest posts

Back