online oak supplier?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobWingwang

Established Member
Reaction score
I need some kiln dried oak boards (2" thick) for a one-off table project. Unfortunately, as i'm in west Wales there isn't a local supplier, Can anyone recommend a good value online supplier for small amounts?

you could try these

www.ebay.co.uk

They might be able to help :D

But seriously ! Type in what you want, and then limit the distance in the search settings, and you might be surprised !

There are some good prices on there.

Rich

http://www.timbercut4u.co.uk/default.aspx

They are expensive (according to other forum members), but they will machine the timber to your exact sizes which leaves you without the task of having to machine timber yourself and reduces possible wastage you may have incurred machining yourself. So work out the economics for yourself I say.

A few members have used a company called Timports who, at the time, were said to be very competitive on price for their oak. No idea how their delivery charges compare and they are near Gloucestershire but, it may be worth contacting them for a quote?

joiner_sim":1ujgvzla said:
http://www.timbercut4u.co.uk/default.aspx

They are expensive (according to other forum members), but they will machine the timber to your exact sizes which leaves you without the task of having to machine timber yourself and reduces possible wastage you may have incurred machining yourself. So work out the economics for yourself I say.

I allowed extra for wastage (and mistakes!), but £435 excluding VAT and delivery??!! I'll keep looking.
UKTimber is the best bet so far at £126, but they also want £126 for delivery!

OPJ":38elswcy said:
A few members have used a company called Timports who, at the time, were said to be very competitive on price for their oak. No idea how their delivery charges compare and they are near Gloucestershire but, it may be worth contacting them for a quote?

I found Timport on eBay earlier. I thought £65 for delivery was expensive at the time, but seems the best bet so far. I'm used to buying oak in 27mm thickness at a metre cubed £770 including VAT delivered!

Latest posts

Back