Oneway Suregrip

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kev2012

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

What do people think of the Oneway Suregrip?

I used one breifly and quiet liked the weight but would they take the handleless gouges from the robert sorby range as I have a couple of them with no handles or woudl i then need to buy the onway tools without handles?

Also, I noticed a bit of rust it seemed on the suregrip, is this common or shoudl they nto have the rust as I saw them in a shop probably a year ago and that put me off but having since used oen breifly i was quiet taken with the weight of it and how easy it was to use compared to other standard tools, perhaps due to vibration or maybe the weight actualyl helps with the cutting.

I beleive Toolpost stock them (however i cant' find it on there site now) or I beleivei coudl have one shipped from oneway (think it was either canda or germany the site was now i'd have to re-find the link) but suspect i'd get stuck with paying duty onit due to the weight of it etc.

As mentioned in antoher area of this forum, i'm new to turning and I'm a fair cautious turner i'vebeen told- i dont go in all blazing and take of loads of wood i tend to go easy so making a peice of wood round takes me significantly longer than other people, mainly as I tend to think i dont wat to get a catch and end up doing myself a injury as i'm well aware these tools are sharp and wouldnt' take much for quiet a serious injury to occur.

Thanks

Back