One off router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEP

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi. Don't get to this part of the forum that often, but on this I have no knowledge at all.

Have accepted a job to make quite a few turned and fluted legs, and associated pieces. I have never found the need for a router in the past, but obviously I need one for this work. I intend putting the price onto the final bill, and in all honesty can't see me needing one again. So have decide to buy cheap.

Has anyone had/got any experience of the Ryobi ERT 2100V. I need a ½” collet as some of the work is quite hefty. Or any other suitable models around the £125 mark, don't want to pay any more.

I'm not interested in the buy to last on this one, as this is the first time in over 12 years turning I have needed one. When the job is done I will probably pass the router onto my son for his DIY.

As always, grateful for any help you can put my way!

I've heard good things about that one on here and seen as your only going to use it the once I'd go for it. Have you thought about a second hand ebay one to keep the price down?

i use that router in my table permanently and it is brilliant. Plenty of power for all jobs including panel raising.

I'd definitely go for it

regards,

michael

I just picked up an Erbauer (the 2100W one) from ebay for £60 (70 after p&p). They're about £90 new from screwfix and apparently very good for the money. It uses a 1/2" or 1/4" collet, and usually recommended for heavier work (worktops etc).

If you don't have masses of work to do with it and would prefer not to buy, I have a suggestion.... I have been very interested in turning, and am looking to be in the market for a lathe next year (once the house move is done), so if you'd maybe like to donate an hour or so to show me some turning basics you could use mine. To be honest, if you're busy and don't have time you can borrow it anyway, but a little swap would be nice :wink: I'm only in Wrexham, so not far away. PM if interested, but no offence will be taken if you're not!! :)

If you don't have the time or would prefer to buy, then still do take this as a suggestion towards the Erbauer (although if your son's DIY will be lighter work, it may not be the best choice as it's a bit heavy).

I've also got the Screwfix Erbauer router and I'm really pleased with it. The device has performed very well during a couple of oak worktop installations and lots of circle cutting in MDF - good value for money.

HTH,
C

Thanks guys! I had spent some time searching the forum, and the net for models, this Ryobi seemed to fit for what I have to do. I had more or less decided on this one unless there was some horrendous reports, so far all seem pretty reasonable.

Ste. Was looking at the Erbauer, but when I had a chat with my lad decided to go a bit more upwards, as he said he had been thinking of getting a router. So thought I would kill two birds, as they say.

Thanks again.

Ste, you have PM.

Latest posts

Back